1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.

table pipe

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by dubhdarra, Jul 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dubhdarra

dubhdarra Active Member

2. Rider

Rider Member

3. dubhdarra

dubhdarra Active Member

nah. three pipes and about a pound of toby in two weeks is about my limit. doubt one of those will come up again anytime soon though.

4. Rider

Rider Member

yea, you definitely dont see those everyday

5. Falconeer

Falconeer Active Member

Hi All,

Never seen one quite like this before - Ronnie my stepson gave me a hookah he brought back from Tunisia + the tobacco and charcoal tablets to go with it, but I couldn't get the hang of the damn thing and anyway Rhona said I couldn't smoke it out on the deck without the Drugs Squad lifting me, so I gave it away.

Is that thing really for tobacco - it looks vaguely surgical?

Best to all

Gerry

6. Whalehead King

Whalehead King Active Member

I like the idea more than the look. Made in Maine of all places! Why doesn't the seller sell to Italy?

7. WillH

WillH Active Member

Gawd! Sorry fellas but, that thing just doesn't ring my bell. I mean, who, why, what? Maybe it's the pink hose thingy! I wanna pipe I can fondle and caress. Kinda reminds of tube feeding. MPO! :thumbsd:

Will

8. Chevauleger

Chevauleger Member

I like the way it looks and it certainly would make a great conversation starter, but I like my pipes in my face or in my hand. Hell, I'd probably clench the hose, forget about it, get up to do something and drag the whole thing off the table spilling hot embers all over the carpet. :lol:

9. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

Well , those went over well ... lol ... what were they thinking . Might smoke fine but gee whizz ... betcha it still works fine .... look at the way it was made ... America back in the day huh

10. user0003

user0003 Well-Known Member

We're going to need longer pipe cleaners.......... :thumbsd:

11. dubhdarra

dubhdarra Active Member

theres an old picture of i think BBB on pipedia, they used to take a chunk of walnut stump, insert a drilled block of briar into it and a hose came out of it. i like the look of those a little better but what little i could find of them indicates they were made for about six months (very few produced) in the 30s. might make my own at some point though. just seems like it would be nice for laying down on a couch watching tv/reading a book.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.