• This section of the forum was maintained by our good friend Mister Moo who was taken from us last year
    Recent topics are being moved and this section is now closed and preserved in memory of Dan

FYI Taste - It's All In The Snork

Mister Moo

Gone but not forgotten
Staff member
Snorking - directing smoke to the back of your mouth and, with a little tongue action and a gentle exhale through the nostrils, forcing it out your nose. There is no swallowing, gagging, gasping or lung-inhaling going on here. This is not a french inhale (drifitng smoke out your mouth and taking it into your lungs via the nostrils).

A snork pushes smoke from your mouth through the sinuses and out your nose. The snork is where the flavor is. No snork, no glory. People may call it nose smoking, retrohaling and all kind of things. Call it what you want but, if you aren't doing it now and then, then you've missed 90% of the taste and sensation.

jvande7

Mister Moo said:
Snorking - directing smoke to the back of your mouth and, with a little tongue action and a gentle exhale through the nostrils, forcing it out your nose. There is no swallowing, gagging, gasping or lung-inhaling going on here. This is not a french inhale (drifitng smoke out your nose and taking it into your longs via the nostrils).

A snork pushes smoke from your mouth through the sinuses and out your nose. The snork is where the flavor is. No snork, no glory. People may call it nose smoking, retrohaling and all kind of things. Call it what you want but, if you aren't doing it now and then, then you've missed 90% of the taste and sensation.
Well said (except I think you described the french inhale incorrectly but I know what you meant).

I definitely do the snork. Didn't know it was called that. If you snork with Perique - SNEEZE CITY (at least it happens to me). But yes it surely does help bring out the flavors.

BTW, here is a Snork, remember them?

Mister Moo

Gone but not forgotten
Staff member
jvande7 said:
I think you described the french inhale incorrectly... .... If you snork with Perique - SNEEZE CITY ...
Oui. Corrected, merci beaucoup.

VaPers definitely make the nose buzz like few other blends. Also, the nuances of orientals can be completely lost without the odd snork-per-bowl to illuminate the unfolding drama. Since I am not an aromatic guy I can't say what snorking does for them, if anything. Seems to me all the cherry paste, vanilla extract and fig juice would gom up the works and ruin the nose for more, uh, sensitive pursuits.

jvande7 said:
Well said (except I think you described the french inhale incorrectly but I know what you meant).

I definitely do the snork. Didn't know it was called that. If you snork with Perique - SNEEZE CITY (at least it happens to me). But yes it surely does help bring out the flavors.

BTW, here is a Snork, remember them?
Oh I get it now! Those things on their head are actually pipes... Highly evolved creatures indeed!

doc_jude

Okay, I always just French inhaled before if I wanted to get more of the smell. I just snorked for the first time (on purpose). Weird with Squadron Leader. I'll play w/ it. Aha! THERE'S the "leather" everyone's talking about!

babysinister said:
A very useful tip indeed, Moo, and one that can be used to crossfertilize skills in other areas of life and related pursuits.

all my stories with Colonel Angus end in embarrassment!

doc_jude

babysinister said:
Don't worry. As long as someone has the presence of mind to tap you in the head when you've overstayed your welcome, then you'll be right as rain.
It's true, you can only take so much of Colonel Angus.

But hey, don't believe everything you hear about old Col. Angus.
Col. Angus might be rough.
Col. Angus might not smell like a bed of roses,
but deep down
Col. Angus is very sweet!

:xd: