• This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.

The 2014 POY Waiting Room...

Mike Pomery

Call me a prude, but I'm just not down with naked pipes for some reason. They just look unfinished, in the incomplete sense of the word, to me.

Edit: also can't wait for the next poll to go up. The discussion and process of arriving at a finished pipe is going to be a blast.
Naked, or natural; for me it's about those briar finishes developing a patina and personality as you smoke it.

(Ya Prude)

Uhhm, I don't think it means anything, but according to his profile page Bill F. from Kaywoodie (kwguy) was on the forum yesterday... I wonder if his just checking in on us or maybe read one of these pages. I would love another pipe made by him, but lest not put'tif the cart'tif before the horse'tif...tif

I don't think anyone will necessarily be opposed to it, but a churchwarden is a 'niche' pipe sort of, not very versatile, and as such a lot of people don't care for them...
The shape will be decided by popular vote and a lot of guys may go for a normal length stem... Also our price range may limit us a bit.

edit: Ofcourse if its a slight bend pipe there is nothing stopping you from having a long stem made... That would be pretty good if its a 1/8 bent or maybe even 1/4 bent.

I don't think anyone will necessarily be opposed to it, but a churchwarden is a 'niche' pipe sort of, not very versatile, and as such a lot of people don't care for them...
The shape will be decided by popular vote and a lot of guys may go for a normal length stem... Also our price range may limit us a bit.
That's understandable, however perhaps being a one-off piece might make the churchwarden more desirable. I'm down for whatever. I can fill the churchwarden gap in my collection elsewhere!

Iain

I like churchwardens and would like couple more but I'd rather the POY was a more standard size, that way it'll see more use for me. Even thought the POY is a special pipe I intend to smoke the hell out of it and I'll be taking out to the coffee shop with me probably.

There will not be a churchwarden option. Hate to burst that bubble. I like a nice CW but they are not practical for a POY.

We have talked to Bill from Kaywoodie and he is really nice to come to the forum and indulge our rabid POY ADHD. He is working with us and has been gracious.
So he's going to have the pipes ready tomorrow, right?:rolleyes: