The Cube Line from Mac Baren

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by Tom Sawyer, May 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tom Sawyer

Tom Sawyer Member

Has anybody tried The Cube?
    I ordered all three in the series tonight: Silver, Gold and Bronze. It seems like I have an aromatic attack - or is it just for the beauty of the container?
    [​IMG]
    The description of The Cube Gold:
    "A full twenty-seven different component tobaccos have been blended together to create Mac Baren's Cube Gold, with three in particular, loose-cut golden Virginia, ready-rubbed Burley, and a special Virginia Cavendish serving as the base. A mild fruit aromatic is then finally added, to result in a balanced, gently sweet, fresh and consistent smoke."
    It is probably like the WO Larsen format, where the tobacco comes in an alu sealed pouch. So not a great candidate for long - term aging.

Thuber88 likes this.

2. ruralhipster

ruralhipster Member

I tried the original Cube back in the day and found it to be very monotonous. I think if I'm going to take a chance on one of the new offerings from MacB it will be from the Halberg line.

3. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

They've added so many blends in the last couple few years . The original Cube came out in the late 90's if I remember . I didnt try it back then and haven't yet ... I'm an MB fan and I imagine it will be like a Danish aromatic at least as good as the WO Larsen stuff [ Signature and Perfect are very good ]. If it weren't , why would they bother .. Right ?! I wish I knew to give you a heads up

Thuber88 likes this.
  4. Tom Sawyer

Tom Sawyer Member

Cube Silver was released in 2004 or 2005, Ruffinigold. I never tried it myself, I am not a big aromatic fan.
    And yes, as you mention WO Larsen, I believe they want to compete with those because the caisings are fairly heavy in the Cube line.

Ruralhipster mentions "monotonous" about Cube Silver. That is what keeps me away from aromatics most of the time. Because the nicotine content is fairly low in these tobaccos, as well as they lack the tobacco taste, one (well, me for sure) has the impression of puffing on aromatized air.

But I am still going to give aromatics a try. One more time...

5. Eric Pierson

Eric Pierson Resident Giant

I am intrigued by them. Post some reviews once you have had a chance to analyze. If they are anything like the Larsen blend mentioned by the mayor, I will have to try them. I love 1864 Perfect.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.