The Curiousity of an Impatient Man

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alexander

Hey Gents, I spent an hour or two trying to fix my Vector Maximus lighter last night with no avail. After getting a bit frustrated, which is unusual for me, I went to smokingpipes.com and order an Old Boy along with some tins. Being impatient, as I am, I'm just wondering how long it usually takes them to process and ship their stuff. Looks like I'm without a smoke until then (being as I gave my Zippo away to a friend) so I guess that's what explains my apprehensive nature.

Thanks a Million :puff:

dubhdarra

i like kitchen matches personally, they're cheap and they dont blow out too easy, only drawback is a half brick sized box is the only size they come in.

oh, let em burn for 2-3 seconds before you light your bowl with them too, whatever the match heads are made of they taste nasty if you light while they're still hissing.

dubhdarra

never seen any long enough for kitchen matches, and i don't use strike anywheres (they taste worse). got some old pipe lighters and such around the house from my grandfather, i just dont use em lol.

thanks though

GlassSculptor

I'm in Massachusetts and it usually takes 3 business days to get here from the time I order. Good choice on the Old Boy. I've been smoking since '84 and have been through a lot of lighters. Finally bought myself an Old Boy a week ago and I couldn't be happier.

I almost enjoy when my pipe goes out...........almost :puff:

Cobra

hominyjibjib said:
Say dub, have you not looked into metal matchboxes?
That wasn't what I was expecting. When I was a kid in the fifties, you used to be able to buy those big boxes of long wooden matches for the kitchen. They used to slide right into a metal matchbox that usually hung up on the wall next to the stove. Back in those days, most people used gas stoves. I guess I'm dating myself. Without revealing my age, suffice it to say I was born in the first half of the last century.:XD::XD:

Alexander

GlassSculptor said:
I'm in Massachusetts and it usually takes 3 business days to get here from the time I order. Good choice on the Old Boy. I've been smoking since '84 and have been through a lot of lighters. Finally bought myself an Old Boy a week ago and I couldn't be happier.

I almost enjoy when my pipe goes out...........almost :puff:
Haha, it's funny, because sometimes I think I like all the gadgetry more than actually smoking...and then I have a nice bowl of fine tobacco...:puff:

Status
Not open for further replies.