The "Ive Earned It" Smoke...

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by Coda, Jul 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Coda

Coda Well-Known Member

So I awoke this morning to a broken Water Heater, and a quarter inch of water on the floor. I spent just about all day vacuuming and ripping up carpet. Its not the first flood, but Ive had it with the wet carpet. It cant be healthy, and I am tired of it taking a week or two to fully dry. I had to take about 2 hours in the afternoon to attend a surprise 50th Anniversary party for my grandparents. So I then came home, tore up a bit more carpet, and called it a day...

I had a quick half bowl at about noon. So I decided to take my largest pipe, a Millard (?), and loaded it full of what I consider my special, relaxing, wind down smoke...Dunhill London Mixture...it was a delicious, relaxing smoke that I think I earned...

BradNTX, Basil Meadows, orto and 6 others like this.

2. Bman64

Bman64 Member

Raaa Rooo, been there and done that; still wouldn't wish that on anybody.
    I work in a rehab facility physically encouraging people to do things they think they can never do again, but do non-the-less.
    I am physically and mentally spent at the end of every day, so I honestly visualize myself on this screened in porch, looking out on the nature around me, pipe in hand, from about midday till fruition.

Basil Meadows likes this.
  3. Coda

Coda Well-Known Member

The worst part was that I didnt get in my cup of coffee and cob of Carter Hall this morning...

4. Tony Malerich

Tony Malerich Active Member

You did indeed! I think you earned several to be cashed out over the next week, really.

5. Robert leslie

Robert leslie Member

I just had to
    Watch Barbie and the mermaid with my daughter for our daddy daughter date. I think I've earned it too.

6. NickWilliams

NickWilliams Member

We used to have problems with water in the basement at my parents house. The best solution we found is to paint the floor with garage floor paint, and get those 2'X2' rubber backed industrial carpet squares. Just about every retail store with carpet in it uses them, and they are awesome. They require no glue and are super easy to install. The best part is that if they get wet or stained you just peel up the wet ones, hang them out side, and toss 'em back down when they are dry. You get the finished look and comfort of carpet with no worries later.

7. Coda

Coda Well-Known Member

Garage floor paint is my plan. I think I am going to just keep the open concrete floor though...I like the workshop quality of it...

8. aieeegrunt

aieeegrunt Member

I cannot overstate my hatred and distain for all forms of carpeting. Not sure I get the point of using a bacterial growth medium and allergen storage facility for flooring. Hardwood and tile all the way!

Klauswermann and Coda like this.
  9. orto

orto Member

Feelin' kinda small right about now! (Well, did the dishes. I earned a smoke. Took out the trash! Better sit down and have a smoke. Checked the mail? Time for a smoke!)

Good luck with the waterpark and congrats to your grandparents!

Bman64 likes this.
  10. Coda

Coda Well-Known Member

I got just about all of the carpeting up. Ripping this carpet up was a very satisfying experience...

aieeegrunt and furious like this.
  11. furious

furious Junque collector

time for another bowl!!

12. Coda

Coda Well-Known Member

In about 15 mins, I'll be off on my nightly drive. I plan to smoke some Squadron Leader out of my Dr. Grabow Omega...

furious likes this.
  13. Kiowapipe

Kiowapipe Active Member

Dude, you need to angle her into Phineas & Ferb or Shaun the Sheep or something :)

14. aieeegrunt

aieeegrunt Member

Phineas & Ferb is awesome!

Kiowapipe and BradNTX like this.
  15. Snake

Snake permanent ankle biter

Is that anything like
    Peaches & Herb?

16. BradNTX

BradNTX Well-Known Member

Haha, I have two boys 11 & 4 and we all like that show too. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.