The Mac Baren Burley Trio... BLB, GE and Norwood...

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by cobbsmoker, Mar 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cobbsmoker

cobbsmoker Active Member

Ok guys, I 'm not new to Mac Baren blends, I have smoked and enjoyed Club Blend, Dark Twist, Roll Cake, Mixture Scottish blend, Plumcake, Virginia No.1 and Virginia Flake, but I have never tried any of the Burley blends, I always had Carter Hall and Prince Albert for that, I'm looking to step up my game on Burley's and thought I'd try one of these as price wise they are a good bag for the buck and I'm a heavy Burley smoker, so if you have tried any of these blends your comments or criticism would be most welcomed as I ponder which to try first or should I start with Norwood and work my way up?

2. jeff394

jeff394 Member

Mac Baren Navy Flake is my new go-to tobacco, and it's primarily a burley. It has that Mac Baren honey top-note, burns cool and long, and is relatively cheap in these parts. Highly recommended.

3. cobbsmoker

cobbsmoker Active Member

Thanks Jeff, I completely forgot about Navy Flake.

4. BradNTX

BradNTX Well-Known Member

I absolutely love Golden Extra. Its everything I want in a Burley and is only topped by maybe Solani Aged Burley Flake for me.

I know you mention Mac Baren, but have you tried Peter Stokkebye Cube Cut? It's a very nice, slow burning, no fuss Burley at a great price too.

5. ShilohHollow

ShilohHollow Anchors Aweigh

Im in love with Golden Extra as well. To me it is similar to Prince Albert, but much better. BLB is a great one too. I get more chocolate taste from it, but still like Golden Extra better.

BigJ likes this.
  6. cobbsmoker

cobbsmoker Active Member

I have never tried the Cube Cut, thanks for the recommendation Brad.

7. cobbsmoker

cobbsmoker Active Member

Thanks for your input Shiloh.

8. cobbsmoker

cobbsmoker Active Member

Thanks everyone but I've decided to pass on these blends for now, something else has caught my interest for the moment.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.