The many uses of tobacco. Kicken Chicken to the rescue.

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by SthrnMan, Jul 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SthrnMan

SthrnMan Member

For the first time in 37 years, my wife got stung by a wasp. She stepped on it and took a stinger to the arch of her foot. After much cursing she remembered tobacco helps with stings. So out of love for my wife I sacrificed a bowl of KC, soaked it in water and put it on her foot.
    Anyone else use tobacco for something other than smoking?

ruffinogoldswife and dBear like this.

2. Summit

Summit Live Simply.

Can't say that I have. I have never heard about tobacco for bee stings. Is the pain relief fast?

3. Coda

Coda Well-Known Member

One time, my canoe got a hole while out on the lake...

jdto likes this.
  4. Glenn

Glenn Active Member

Yep, chewin'.

5. MacNutz

MacNutz Active Member

My grand father's snuff was made into a paste and daubed onto wasp and bee stings. I don't know if it actually helped or not but my grand parents swore by it to "draw out the poison".

6. Lukasaurus

Lukasaurus Member

I'd never heard this before, you learn something every day!

My dad was once stung by a wasp on the back of his throat, after it landed on his jam sandwich without him noticing. He was a game keeper at the time, so he ran to a neerby fellow keepers house and grabbed an onion, took a few chomps and sure enough the swelling gradually subsided. It may well have saved his life!

Moral of the story, Its always handy to have a knowledge of home remedies. Cheers SthrnMan!

7. SthrnMan

SthrnMan Member

It draws the poison out. The pain doesn't totally go away, but it helps a lot.

MacNutz likes this.
  8. MacNutz

MacNutz Active Member

It had no noticeable effect on the pain at the time of the sting but the big super itchy swellings I got from bee stings weren't as bad and seemed to go away quicker. Only itch like hell for one night instead of two or three. I haven't had a bee or wasp sting as an adult because of where I live. Those things were nastier in Alabama than around here. Well, the wasps are meaner there. My only bee stings came from stepping on the buggers. As a kid it pleased me to learn that bees die from stinging you. It seemed morally correct, at the time. :)
    In Alabama in the fifties boys often didn't wear shoes in the summer, except to church, until they were ten to twelve yrs.

whitebriar likes this.
  9. Mr Bojangles

Mr Bojangles Member

I had a guy tell me he used Copenhagen to get rid of a stye. He would also feed a little to his dog to get rid of worms.

el guero likes this.
  10. mongo

mongo Active Member

Maybe it's JUST me.... but my immediate question is: did you then snork her foot?:beyes::D

Summit likes this.
  11. el guero

el guero Member

I was actually just told today that tobacco is a good wormer for horses as well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.