The PAD-man was just here

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by k00k, Sep 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. k00k

k00k Member

:groucho: :goodjob: :thankyou:

My local PAD-man (aka Mail-man) was just here and left me these. First Boswell's order ever - trying out a few to see what to order more of.

[​IMG]

2. Shootinok

Shootinok Member

Nice haul

But.... that would be TAD dude. :whistle:

3. k00k

k00k Member

Doh, that's what I meant. Man, too much work today is frying me brains and it's only Monday. No way to edit?

4. Jonny

Jonny Member

Hahaha. I expect detailed descriptions of each smoke! :idiot:

5. k00k

k00k Member

Just tried the Berry Cobbler. The bag note is like Crunch Berry cereal, but more natural. All of these (except the Northwoods - bit different), smell like dessert in the bag.

The Berry Cobbler was very good. Can definitely taste the casing, in a good way. The tobacco taste subtly comes through as well and is sweet. Overall, I find the blend mild, but tasty. Cool smoking. I probably should have let it dry a bit, it was a bit of a humid smoke, but never steamy or burning.

6. greasemunki85

greasemunki85 Member

oh god I love it!
    Christmas Cookie and Berry Cobler is awesome.. I dont like Fruity type blends...at all..but that berry cobler was great.
    I do want to try Northwoods, now that Im getting into more english blends.. let us know!

7. Falconeer

Falconeer Active Member

...and didn't the Man do well! Eagerly looking forward to you impressions of these,

Happy smoking

Gerry

8. Tas Gunsmith

Tas Gunsmith Member

Me too,
    They seem to be popular. Might have to email and see if they can mix something really stinky mmmmm

9. Pschoppy48

Pschoppy48 Member

Great order! What a difference between 3 aros and 1 English. I can't wait to hear your impressions on these blends. Phil.

10. k00k

k00k Member

I tried the Northwoods last night alongside a scotch, Old Smuggler. At $17/half-gallon, it's a great cheap blended scotch that I keep around as an "everyday drinker."

I gravity-filled the bowl on my Aldo Velani bent apple. It lit pretty quickly and evenly, and although I probably could have let it dry out a bit more, it burned dry, well, and cool. From the charring light through the initial couple of minutes with the bowl, I experienced a salty-sweet with a hint of sour taste. This was a good thing. It was similar to a salted-caramel and was very present on the center and tip of my tongue. After that, I noticed some greek-olive-like flavors, as if the salty-sweet had matured a bit. The second half of the bowl was less about those obvious flavors and more about the tobacco tones with a hint of evergreen here and there. I can be guilty of fast-puffing from time to time, and I believe I was a bit over-zealous towards the end of the bowl where it lost a bit of its luster for me and it became a bit typical. I also was fighting off squirrels from my patio, and let the bowl go out a couple of times towards the end, thus requiring relighting. Nobody steals MY acorns!

All said and done, I enjoyed it and I'm looking forward to another go with it. 3 out of 4 stars so far.

11. scworrell

scworrell Member

Gotta watch out for those squirrels...:groucho:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.