• This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.

The Pipe?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Picked this up today at my local antique shop- not necessarily to smoke (although I might) but rther, I thought a forum member or 2 collected these guys. Am I right? I thought the color was unique enough to pick it up+ it's in great condition & might offer it as a swap. Is this a treasure or trash?

Smokey Tom

From what I've read I believe it is made of "brylon", and can make your smoke taste nasty. That said, I wouldn't smoke it. I don't know if anyone collects them.

DGErwin11

Staff member
They are not Brylon, some "Space Age Composite". That is from the mid '70's when that was a hot marketing phrase. I had one. It is better than Brylon.

Coastal Bend

Get off my lawn...
Patron
Never had one, but from what I have heard they are a better doorstop than smoker. :xd:

That being said there is always going to be someone out there that likes them, and I know there are those who collect them. If that is a unique color even better when it comes to getting the interest of a collector.

User3940

I have had two of these are found that both smoked good. They are good to hang onto if you wish to sample tobaccos as the bowl material does not ghost.

They are also tough as tanks, so they make great shop or yard pipes.

I never had any issue with a bad taste from either of them. In fact I will have one that I use regularly call "The Smoke".

Picked this up today at my local antique shop- not necessarily to smoke (although I might) but rther, I thought a forum member or 2 collected these guys. Am I right? I thought the color was unique enough to pick it up+ it's in great condition & might offer it as a swap. Is this a treasure or trash?

Wow it's just the thing for Old Ted's Bear

roberted5

I've read about those pipes or one that had a patent on it.Is it original/stamped or smoked?If smoked I'd at least try it.I have no idea what they are worth.It may be worth sending an email to the link to get at least an offer.

I

Raffxr7

Ebay has a single digit value for most examples. May break two digits if its in the original box...

I have two, both were gifts. They are better used as bubble blowing pipes.

Status
Not open for further replies.