1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.

the pipes are calling...

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by Twan013, Aug 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deckard

Deckard Active Member

In all my relationships the woman may be the unstoppable force, but I'm the immovable object. I accept her attempts to change me and sooner or later they accept that its not gonna happen. Then again I'm a sucker for punishment.

2. Twan013

Twan013 Member

I feel like I should tell you guys something. She is in no way trying to control me or change who I am. In the 4 or so years that I've known her this is the first time she's said "I don't like this" for whatever reason. And her reasons are somewhat valid. She wants me to live as long of a life as I can. And I am not in the best of shape as is. Overweight and high blood pressure. But to say that she is a control freak and trying to change who I am is out of line. I truly thank her for looking out after my health. Besides, about this time last year I told her I didn't want her to go to the tanning bed because I hat the dark leathery skin that it gives you if you go too much. So I guess this is payback.

Maybe if I can get back to good health things will change.

3. t-bear

t-bear Active Member

No one here was attempting gto be out of line amigo...without knowing the full circumstances of your relationship, it was mere speculation on our part. That said, I'm glad that you've found a lady who cares about you and your health. Sounds like you feel she's worth the sacrifice...so then, she is. Our very best to you and your lady.

4. erickghint

erickghint Member

Agreed. If anything I said was taken out of context, I apologize. I do get a bit defensive on subjects like this, as I've been in relationships that have turned out... shall we say, horrendous. Control freaks that didn't give an inch, and for some reason for a while I put up with it in my little bubble of delusion. If she makes you happy, and this is the only time she's ever said anything to this effect, then hell yeah she's just looking out for you. Go, be happy. You've obviously found someone who cares about you a lot. T was right, though. Speculation with the given facts was the driving force behind some of the posts. Like I said before, a lot of us are also pretty bummed to see you go. Not away from the hobby... from the community. Bah... now I'm getting all sappy... see what you made me do?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.