1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.

The results of Sas's pipe contest.

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by CustomDave, Jan 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CustomDave

CustomDave Member

Some of you might remember about 2 weeks ago Sas had a pipe contest. All the contestants had to do was post within an hour time frame and a winner would be picked. Well I was the winner. :thumbsu: Sas gave me a choice of some pipes he had and I just couldn't choose. So, ultimately I left it up to him. I had only a crappy briar, a cob, and a Pete that I had just gotten for Christmas, so anything was a welcome edition. Well, Sas really set me up really nicely. Today I came home to find a package all the way from Canada. I could barely wait to get it open. Once I did I found to my surprise not one, but TWO pipes!! :eek:hyeah: One of them is a Sas pipe that had a few small flaws in the briar so he couldn't sell it. This pipe is beautiful. It is natural briar no stain or anything, I love it. The other pipe is a MONSTER!! It is a Savinelli, it is marked with 803 ex on the bottom, and Hercules on the top. Straight billiard style. I think I could nearly pack a whole tin of Frog Morton in this beast!(which isn't a bad thing) It dwarfs the other pipes I have. It is nearly 9" long. Anyway enough jibber jabber, here is a link to the pic of them both!

http://i925.photobucket.com/albums/...1lZGlhL2V4dGVybmFsL2ltYWdlcy9tZWRpYS8yMjM.jpg

Thanks again Sas! :thankyou: :thankyou: :thankyou:

2. Mike Pomery

Mike Pomery Active Member

Very cool!

3. telltime

telltime Active Member

Congrats! That Sas is a really nice guy despite what others say about him!!:lol:

4. Pecci

Pecci Active Member

Very nice!

5. Charring Light

Charring Light Member

Nice! I hope you have many many years of smoking enjoyment with those two.

6. cigarsarge

cigarsarge Active Member

Very classy...

7. aircoder

aircoder Member

Enjoy them there wonderful. Sas is a stand up guy..

8. Falconeer

Falconeer Active Member

Hi All,

Avery nice couple of pipes - particularly like the classic looks of the natural finish bent - enjoy in good health for many years!

Best as ever

Gerry

9. Gondar

Gondar Member

That is just great. Both look exellent. Super nice prizes, very generous indeed.

10. BradNTX

BradNTX Well-Known Member

Congratulations! Those are nice pipes. I'll bet that natural bent will color very nicely with age & use.

Happy smoking :bing:

11. pottsy

pottsy Member

He must have used the clear cat piss stain on that one. haha

Great looking pipes, can't say as I am surprised you found 2 in the box. Sas is a pretty good guy, you know for a Canadian and all.

12. Boomer-Z

Boomer-Z Member

Looks great. Enjoy them you lucky bastard! :cigar:

Z

13. freestoke

freestoke Member

Some people just fall into it, don't they! :eek:hyeah:

I say, eyepopping! What a pair of pipes for free! YOWZAH!!

14. pottsy

pottsy Member

That's the difference between Sas pipes and a lot of other pipes. You have seen, and held this pipe. Do you honestly feel it couldn't have been sold? Sas takes great pride in his work, and you are holding a very good pipe, regardless of whether or not he calls it a second.

15. t-bear

t-bear Active Member

Sweet pair!

...last time I said that....I got slapped..... :whistle:

16. ChrisD

ChrisD Member

Both of those look very nice!

17. Bri2k

Bri2k Active Member

Wow your pipes are stunners even au naturel, Sas! And your generosity is on a high plane along with your art sir.

18. Mington

Mington Well-Known Member

AWESOME! I am sooooo jealous. <pout>

19. CustomDave

CustomDave Member

Well, I have now officially smoked both pipes! I have to say the the Sas pipe that he said Didn't make the cut smokes absolutely fantastic! I hope to buy one of his soon that he would consider making the cut. It is fantastic ! Tonight I smoked the Sav, it is also a great smoker. Having never smoked a pipe with a bowl this big I wasn't sure what to expect. I now know that this is a pipe for get togethers and things of that nature. Tonight we were at my best friend of 17 years birthday party. It took me well over an hour to smoke the bowl. I loaded it with some MM 965. Several people had never tried a pipe tobacco that wasn't an aro blend. They all loved it. I think I might have made my buddy a pipe smoker now. We will see if he gets off the cigs. I am giving him my cob tomorrow to see if he likes it. Anyway, thanks again Sas, you are truly a gentleman and a scholar.

Edit: I seem to have had a bit much to drink so if this doesn't make sense I apologize. :roflmao:

20. Trendsetter

Trendsetter Member

Wow those are nice. Gotta love that natural unstained look.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.