1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.

The Stonewall...my new Cherry

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by Basil Meadows, Apr 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Basil Meadows

Basil Meadows Active Member

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]Just started breaking in my latest. Call it my Stonewall because it sits tall in the saddle, and can handle anything ya throw at it! lol. Liked the "Turkey neck" on the stem of a Whitehall that I have, so decided to add the feature to this one. Being Cherrywood, it is still quite easy on the jaw when smoking hands free, even for the size! Overall sizes...length 5.5", heigth 4", bowl heigth 2.25", width of bowl 1.75", chamber is .75" and 2" deep, used a #20 drill for air hole (.161). and finish is Caurnaba wax. This was a fun project! And now on to the next! Oh, yah...not for sale, lol

Preacher1611, Scottly and Kiowapipe like this.

2. Preacher1611

Preacher1611 Active Member

That is a nice looking pipe!

3. Hudson

Hudson Member

Nice one, Basil; I especially like the rim. You're doing good things with cherry; you may have to make us each one.

4. Basil Meadows

Thank you! Err...how many is " us each"?!?! lol

5. Hudson

Hudson Member

I didn't mean ALL the members, of course, just those of us who care enough to tell you how nice they are.

I ended up with a piece of Brazilian cherry in part because I liked the grain better and in part as a gesture to ex#2, a brasiliera. The grain is quite a bit more pronounced and I suspect it's harder than the domestic version. I'm not sure it will ever actually become a pipe, I just don't have the tools to do it well, but I like the way it is taking the variety of curves I'm introducing.

6. Basil Meadows

That, Sir, sounds like a great piece of wood! I'm sure one day you'll be packing it with some fine tobacco. What tools are you needing? Noticed you're from Greenville, I'm in Concord...wouldn't mind letting you use my shop one day to finish your pipe. Nothin fancy, but it gets the job done!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.