The strangest side effect a tobacco can give i have ever read.

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by craig, Nov 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. craig

craig Active Member

morning guys hope your well.

So im thinking of maybe adding some peterson tobaccos to my stores and i was thinking along the lines of irish flake and was having a look on tobacco reviews, for thoughts and viewpoints on irish flake and came across this little snippet

"The first smoke I had of this, a whole flake cubed, I nearly finished it, but I felt a bit sick (nicotine), very tired, and an urgent need to poo. If you're constipated, a flake of this will sort you out. I slowed down on future smokes, 3/4 flake and I went allright. You gotta respect this one, It'll knock you down"

A tobacco that makes you poo, is it just me that thinks this or some of you but maybe the guys spouse may have laced his tobacco with laxative?

Any of you had any strange side effects to tobaccos?

2. IrishRover

IrishRover Active Member

Nope, can't say I've heard of that one before.
    The only affect nicotine has had on me is dizziness sometimes.

3. craig

craig Active Member

ditto for me, but with me been a cigarette smoker as well, the really stout blends dont unpleasant nicotine rushes its just a pleasant buzz per se, id say the only thing thats made me unpleasantly dizzy, was when i smoked a bowl of condor too fast when i first started out.

4. IrishRover

IrishRover Active Member

Yep, I think that's what helped me with the stronger blends. I was a cigarette smoker when I started. Nothing really bothered me too much when it came to nicotine. Although; I did feel awful after one cigar. Having that smoke turned me away from cigars since then.

5. craig

craig Active Member

i can take or leave cigars if i do have cigars i just buy henri wintermans or hamlet or cafe cremes (the blue ones are my particular favourite when in my favourite outdoor coffee shops with a good strong coffee), i tried a henri wintermans full corona when i was 16 and quite under the influence of alcohol, the resulting effects left me violently ill, so ive never really became a fan of cigars.

6. Coda

Coda Well-Known Member

Granger gave me a hell of a nicotine rush. My head would start to lighten, and then get dizzy, and my stomach feel a bit...off.

7. craig

craig Active Member

ive had the lightened head and slight dizziness but it has never affected my stomach, thank god really because it would be quite a run :P

8. Coda

Coda Well-Known Member

Its more of a nausea than anything. Just too much nicotine...

9. dwaugh

dwaugh Moderator Moderator

Nicotine can have a laxative effect, although if you are suffering from constipation, you should seek medical advice before beginning an Irish Flake Regimen. Also, constipation lasting for more than 4 hours can result in a serious medical condition, seek medical advice right away.

10. craig

craig Active Member

Ahh il bear that in mind lol, but ive never had a "nicoxative" effect.....wow for off the top of my head that name is kinda catchy.

11. Old Codger

Old Codger Active Member

So Elvis might have lived a lot longer if he'd been smoking Irish Flake?

12. esteban

esteban Active Member

In battle, the Irish lost many a skirmish, as at a critical moment, they were "detained" after a morning of smoking Irish Flake.

WAMPipe13 likes this.
  13. craig

craig Active Member

supposedly i hear irish flake is just basically flakes of nicotine

14. Bradabelko4

Bradabelko4 Member

My morning routine always was a cigarette and coffee. The combined effects give me that nice laxative effect. Now ill just double the coffee and then go on my way with my three S's.

15. Hawkwood

Hawkwood Member

Enjoy a bowl.......on the bowl?

WAMPipe13 and shadow like this.
  16. Goat

Goat Active Member

I believe I see the begginings of your next experiment. :xd:

17. Yankee Bill

Yankee Bill Member

Smoking usually gets things moving for me in the morning. I've heard the same thing from other people. I googled it and found this interesting post:

http://boards.straightdope.com/sdmb/archive/index.php/t-423720.html

This part kind of sums it up well:
    "Translation: There are nicotine receptors in your intestines. When you smoke, the nicotine triggers them, and they trigger your intestines to contract. Everything inside moves down the track a bit and the poop at the end knocks on the exit door. But if you smoke too much, the effect is lost."

18. Preacher1611

Preacher1611 Active Member

Huh, learned something new today, I never knew that smoking made you :poop:.

19. Old Codger

Old Codger Active Member

Well, at least now we can conclude that Pipe smokers aren't full of it.

20. Calam

Calam Member

nicotine absolutely DOES have a laxative effect. It's not necessarily immediate though. I usually smoke at night, so by the next afternoon I am very definitely "loose", if ya know what I mean.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.