The Unbiased Truth About Carter Hall

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tate

The ultimate irony would occur if we can make it so popular that it is unfindable and the price skyrocketed. Then we could all shame DGE as a horrible snob.

DGErwin11

Staff member
The ultimate irony would occur if we can make it so popular that it is unfindable and the price skyrocketed. Then we could all shame DGE as a horrible snob.
There are at least 2 fallacies in that statement.
1) I would actually have to give a rip about what people said or thought about me to be shamed. Remember, what other people say about you is none of your business.

2) I would just switch to PA or Half & Half if CH became a high priced limited availability tobacco.:old:

Tate

There are at least 2 fallacies in that statement.
1) I would actually have to give a rip about what people said or thought about me to be shamed. Remember, what other people say about you is none of your business.

2) I would just switch to PA or Half & Half if CH became a high priced limited availability tobacco.:old:
Fine then. Be a party pooper.

bubbagump

I've started smoking this more often. I got sick of some of my other stuff ghosting my meers, so I went to this instead. Good stuff. I think I'll pick up a tub next TADday...I mean payday.:xd:

I once asked a local tobacconist if they had any Carter Hall in stock. She laughed at me and asked, "Do they even make that stuff anymore?" I replied.."ok, how about you recommend a good burley." She says, "well, we don't really have anything that is only burley, but this aromatic stuff is fantastic and it has bits of burley in it..

I left disappointed.

I average about 10 (medium size) bowls of tobacco per day, of which 4 or 5 are usually CH.
Its always my first pipe of the day with coffee. I have found its nicotine content to be adequate for a day starter :puffy:

CH is also one of the few tobaccos (along with SWR of course) that I do not dry before smoking.
Good stuff that Carter Hall.

smoked Carter Hall and PA for decades--both are what Doug described; an honest smoke--i could be happy with either as an ONLY choice--

i wonder how close morleysson got to re-creating Blue Boar??--i never had the original--just wasn't marketed in my area--i would have tried it strictly on the basis of the tin art--i can't compare Morley's Best to original Blue Boar, but i feel that Bob created a new American Classic in Morley's Best---after well over 50 years of CH and PA, i find Morley's Best has become my favorite--and the price is comparable; sorta--don't wanta hijack the thread; just wonderin'--if this needs to be moved please do so--

F1guy

I FINALLY picked up some CH and (big shocker here) you all were RIGHT! It's a great tobacco. Not too flavorful, but at the same time, it's easy to pack, easy to light, and cheap ($4.50 a pouch in California) Funny story, in the Wal-Mart in Elk Grove (I guess they have 2 now. Who knew?) the lady had never heard of it. But at the Rite Aid in Lodi (where I actually live now) they had it in stock. Go figure.

Hi Whitebriar!
Is Morley's Best a burley blend?
yessir

it is burley based--lots of burley--some virginia and a good bit of latakia--not a lat bomb--just enough for seasoning--it really is a most pleasant tobacco--as much as i like carter hall and PA this one is right up there with these old classics--

Status
Not open for further replies.