The Usual Suspects...

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by buistd, Sep 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ol Brokedik

Ol Brokedik Active Member

I love my Pirate Kake. I do it on an empty stomach every day. Before I can eat anything, I choke down a couple of bowls of PK. I said this before and I'll say it again. When I'm cremated I hope I smell like latakia.

Ol Brokedik.

ATXPipe, Mister Moo and jpberg like this.

2. beaupipe

beaupipe Active Member

I wasn't really being serious. I'm constitutionally incapable of that. And I know that even those of us with big little black books and lots of notches on our...uh...pipe posts tend to dial only one or two numbers when we want a comfortable and familiar smoke in the dark under the covers.

And given the durability of the quest story and of the Grail, well, I respect the whole process.

I guess I'm more Don Quixote than Arthurian Grail quester. I'm condemned to my little picaresque wanderings through the tobacco world, tilting at various tins.

But if I had to identify myself with a tobacco, it would probably be the less sweet brown Virginia family exemplified by G&H's Unscented Brown Flake and especially (though I'm down to two lousy tins) Germain's Brown Flake. Funny...a white flake who loves Brown Flakes. Maybe GLP will come out with a new tobacco just for me. A blend of white Burley and brown Virginia. New World Series: Miscegenation Plug.

Stay tuned.

Jay likes this.
  3. HCraven

HCraven Active Member

+1 on the Don Quixote thing, though as I get older I think I'm more like Sancho Panza. Well, I've got the panza going on anyway. :p

4. Snake

Snake permanent ankle biter

I'll correct Mr. Kerr and state that "ol' One Eye"
    loves his Irish Flake (or is it 5 Bros. these days??).

5. Mister Moo

Mister Moo Normal Cow Moderator

You are The Man.

6. Degenetron

Degenetron Member

Don't go calling it nasty now.. I tried it after seeing sasquatch mentioning it a couple times.. a day .. and it is excellent. takes a bit getting used to but it has sailed right into my top 3 list.

7. jpberg

jpberg Moderator Moderator

Geez. I expected better from you.

Degenetron likes this.
  8. Degenetron

Degenetron Member

Im a constant disapointment ;)

jpberg likes this.
  9. AndyLowry

AndyLowry Member

Although I do seem to bring up Ennerdale occasionally (which reminds me-- have I mentioned Ennerdale lately?), there are other tobaccos I smoke about as often, e.g. McC's Samovar, Scottish Woods, Orient 996, Wilderness, Ringlow's, 5100, AMP; GH Kendal Flake, Bob's Chocolate, Dark Flake Scented; SG 1792, Grousemoor; Dunhill Royal Yacht, Nightcap-- those are what I have the most of, anyway. There's a Chenowitsch Chonowitzsch another Scots style that I like, except I can't spell the name or remember the blend number. Ennerdale is just more fun to talk about than all those other pedestrian offerings. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.