1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.

The Woe's of P.A.D.

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by RP McMurphy, Apr 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RP McMurphy

RP McMurphy Member

Well, I officially have PAD (Pipe Acquisition Disorder)!
    I've bought 15 or more pipes (who's counting) within a months time and I'm still looking at and wanting for more.
    Years ago I had a Meerschaum that I believe was commissioned by Weber. It was in the shape of Popeye's head with his early style sailor cap with of course pipe in mouth and, had a Vulcanized straight stem.
    Does anyone have one, know where one is or want to sell one.
    I would like to see one whether you have it or not, if not to just to be able to see one again. And that's the woe's of selling stuff.

2. ichabod

ichabod Member

3. RP McMurphy

RP McMurphy Member

That's it Ichabod! Except mine had a fuller stem.
    Judas Priest, $800? Mine sold for no more then $100 six years ago.
    I reckon it's gona cost me a bit to get it back.
    Thanks for posting that Sir. :thumbsu:

4. ichabod

ichabod Member

No problem at all! I know how it is to long for something that you parted with. It can be hard to find certain things again.

I did find a couple others, they look different but if you go on over to meerschaumstore.com and type in popeye in their search box it should bring up two different versions, they are well under the $800 range but they aren't the same.

Good luck in locating your lost treasure! I'm glad you were able to at least see one very similar to it again.

5. RP McMurphy

RP McMurphy Member

Thanks again Ichabod for the link. They do have a fairly nice one but, it's just not the same. You know what I mean?
    I remember when I sold it on Fee Bay someone contacted me and tried to buy it out right telling me it wasn't worth much. I replied and asked them if the word STUPID was written on my forehead. And yet it went for an 8th of what that one went for. Oh Well!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.