This may not be a hoax.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whalehead King

I was going through some of my old notebooks in which I keep records of tobaccos I tasted long ago, and then cellared. Unfortunately, the climate control mechanism that preserved these manuscripts went on the fritz last month, and a few pages suffered damage. As my archival assistant and I tried to reconstruct the evidence, we came upon a curious entry that we cannot match to any of the mason jars on the shelves. If anyone can help my identify this blend, I would be much obliged.

Thanks in advance,
WK

#778-54j. A ribbon cut with a hint of hazelnut and Virginia. Bland County bottomland, maybe? Tin note is robust but lacking. Charring light flares then dies. Nice packing capability. Second gives a fizzling lat kick that yields into soft butter pecan tones. No bite, just a teasing tickle. Undertones: Anise, pine tar, sodium nitrite. Overtones: extra virgin olive oil, marischino cherry stem, sodium nitrate. Reported room note: Shrimp scampi, jaegerschnitzl, Mepmphis pulled pork, and wildflowers. Overall impression: Cellar. Overall rating: 4****.

dmkerr

PG- free since '83!
Staff member
Sounds like one of my own blending experiments.

Sorry - I thought I threw all that stuff out. Don't know how you got it. But I named it "An Evening At MCL".

HCraven

By the way, WK, if you can tell the difference between sodium nitrate and sodium nitrite, you have a far more developed palate than I. I got nuthin'.

FlatbushPaul

Cellar is located in an undisclosed bunker
No Ads Upgrade
I was going through some of my old notebooks in which I keep records of tobaccos I tasted long ago, and then cellared. Unfortunately, the climate control mechanism that preserved these manuscripts went on the fritz last month, and a few pages suffered damage. As my archival assistant and I tried to reconstruct the evidence, we came upon a curious entry that we cannot match to any of the mason jars on the shelves. If anyone can help my identify this blend, I would be much obliged.

Thanks in advance,
WK

#778-54j. A ribbon cut with a hint of hazelnut and Virginia. Bland County bottomland, maybe? Tin note is robust but lacking. Charring light flares then dies. Nice packing capability. Second gives a fizzling lat kick that yields into soft butter pecan tones. No bite, just a teasing tickle. Undertones: Anise, pine tar, sodium nitrite. Overtones: extra virgin olive oil, marischino cherry stem, sodium nitrate. Reported room note: Shrimp scampi, jaegerschnitzl, Mepmphis pulled pork, and wildflowers. Overall impression: Cellar. Overall rating: 4****.

??????! You gave this 4 stars?

JescoWhite

You should get in on the blind review thread. Any chance you were smoking this in a restaurant when you did the review?

yinyang

Some rim charring is to be expected.
No Ads Upgrade
Iffin you figure it out, let me know. I'm not adverse to avoiding blends on recommendation. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.