• This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.

Thought I'd try Briar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Basil Meadows

Been making pipes from Cherrywood, so thought I'd try briar for a change of pace. Here's is the result of my first shot

6 and 5/8 long, 1 and 3/8 at the top. 1 and 1/5 at the bottom. Stain light brown with an amber acrylic stem.
Not for sale right now, not sure WHAT I'll do with it since I'm not much on smoking straight pipes.
Almost forgot, 2" tall with a 1 and 1/2 deep 3/4" bowl, and passes the pipe cleaner test. Sucker so long, there's not much left of the cleaner to hold onto to pull it back out! LoL!
Ok, open to comments, sorry for the poor quality pics. Took them with my cell phone.

nesta

Interesting shape, looks like a straight billiard had a baby with a zulu or a horn. I base that on the flaring transition from shank to bowl, rather than a more typical angular transition. I like it! A little organic, and pretty unique!

Basil Meadows

It was going to be a Volcano, then a Brandy, then...what the hell, just let it take it's own shape, lol! Just wanted to have a little fun on my first Briar.

Basil Meadows

Thanks, Gents. I think this one will be gifted to a friend of mine that happens to like straight pipes. But I do have more briar, lol.As soon as he lets me know how it smokes and what tweaks I need to make going fron Cherry to Briar, there will be more coming!

Basil Meadows

Let me be among the first to say: "I'd like to be your friend." :)
After being a part of this forum for the few monthes that I've been a member. Actually have to say that I consider all you guys as friends. Know you said that with a smile, but it just got me thinking. We have over 3000 members, don't think there is a place around where that many folks can get together from time to time, and be as positive and supportive as we are. So, Friend, sorry I got philosophical on ya! Guess puffin on a pipe does that on occassion.

40yrs2L8

Thanks, Gents. I think this one will be gifted to a friend of mine that happens to like straight pipes. But I do have more briar, lol.As soon as he lets me know how it smokes and what tweaks I need to make going fron Cherry to Briar, there will be more coming!
You know your not too far from me.... maybe we can get together and discuss some of your techniques over a bowl or two

Status
Not open for further replies.