Toasted Burley

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by komandirskie, Oct 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. komandirskie

komandirskie Member

Hey guys,
    Went down to my local tobacco shop and noticed they had a "toasted burley" in one of their bulk jars, I gave it a smell and figured I'd try some since I've never smoked a burley before. Needless to say its a very delicious blend. It has a very buttery almost caramel taste to it but not overpowering. Is this normal with burley's or is this one flavored do you think? It definitely looks like a blend of two different leafs, one almost black, and one very light brown.
    Cheers guys.

2. Rodfather

Rodfather Active Member

It sounds like a very nice burley based aromatic. Most burleys have some sort of casing to smooth out the burley which by itself is somewhat harsh. If you like it smoke it.

3. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

Most all pipe tobacco has something added to it and Burley is no exception . Burley on it's own , can have a toasty , nutty like flavor . Ask your tobacconist if it's an aromatic . It really dosent matter so long as you enjoy it I love a well made Aromatic ! I wonder if the blend is Lanes BLWB ? Oh well , if you enjoy it and hang out at the b&M enough , they'll tell ya who makes it in time

dmkerr likes this.
  4. dmkerr

dmkerr PG- free since '83! Moderator

I wondered the same thing, as this is often described by various b&m's as a "toasted" burley.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.