Tobacco availability

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by Prof, May 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Prof

Prof Member

I am in the process of trying to order some tobaccos for my niece's betrothed as a wedding gift (she has already bought him a nice Savinelli), and I made the mistake of letting her smell some of my blends and she decides on one tobacco that is relatively rare and one that is very available (OTC).

So I go online to search, and where one store has the rare blend, no Carter Hall! Where I find the CH, no Gawith? Any of ya'll had this happen to you? A little weird...I love the shopping though, my own TAD has gone up...

2. Spillproof

Spillproof Mostly Harmless Moderator

4Noggins has both, that's the first one I checked.

3. Prof

Prof Member

I checked them first too, they have the Gawith she liked (Grousemoor)...but thanks...GM is an aquired taste too, but she liked it...I will scrape together what I have likely, but...I would rather keep my aged GM for ME, selfish bstrd that I am..heheh.

4. SouthBound

SouthBound Active Member

Mars has Grousemoor in 50g tins and CH in the tubs (no pouches).

Forum Running

IrishRover and TheMadMan like this.
  5. Ol Brokedik

Ol Brokedik Active Member

That don't make you a bad man.

Ol Brokedik.

6. IrishRover

IrishRover Active Member

+1 on Mars... they're great to deal with and it's in stock there.

SouthBound likes this.
  7. Prof

Prof Member

Mars it is ---how come though, that the availability of tobaccos changes with the vendors? When that shipment of Stonehaven hit last month, I expected several vendors to have it, at least for a little while, right? Nope, only one had it and it was gone, in minutes - and the one half hour that I wasn't on this forum damn near every ten minutes...and so I missed out...I have NO doubt that Kingfisher will come and go, and I will be in the john somewhere, only to find out that it was here and went just as fast...Grrrrr.

Lets just hope the gentleman who is entering our family appreciates the effort, and the pipe my niece got him (a Sav by the by) and that I don't have to bury him with it...figuratively of course. :whis:

8. 1858remington

1858remington Active Member

Definitly get him some Frog Morton on the Bayou..... he'll be your friend for life

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.