Tobacco on international flights?

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by Raggedearth, Feb 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Raggedearth

Raggedearth Member

I am going on a trip to Brazil this summer and I was wondering if I took my tobacco in its pouch, would I be able to do that in the first place? If so, would it need to go in checked or can it be in carry on?

2. Raggedearth

Raggedearth Member

i just don't want it to get confiscated when i get there

3. Spaceboy Tim

Spaceboy Tim Member

I have no idea but I would say try to research Brazil's import laws. Let us know what you come up with.

4. WWhermit

WWhermit Member

I've taken up to 4 ounces on with my pipes a carry-on for international flights. Most countries allow up to 200g without having to pay duty. I don't imagine there'd be a case when it'd ever get confiscated. If anything, you'd have to pay a bit. Just check for their allowances of tobacco. For the US, by the way, you're allowed up to 1 kilo before having to pay any duty. That's over 2 pounds! If you read US Customs duty law, in fact, they don't even mention pipe tobacco at all. They have to base it on the equivalent of 200 cigarettes or 20 cigars duty-free. After that, it's about $9 for an additional kilo. Not bad.

WWhermit
    :bing:

Raggedearth likes this.
  5. Spaceboy Tim

Spaceboy Tim Member

Here in Canada they state that you can only bring in 200g and I think 200 cigarettes and 20 cigars.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.