Tobacco parfait !?

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by ruffinogold, Aug 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

My wife is such a trip . I'm in the smoking room watching Dylan playing at the Newport Folk fest 1963 digging a bowl of SWR aromatic ...which I havent had in a few days being i went on a cherry blend / bomb trip the last few days . Anyway , she says "is that SWR aromatic ? It smells nice and sweet ".. Cool says i ...Then she says ...." you should layer diffrent blends in a large bowl kinda like a parfait" ... " maybe you'll get diff. flavors as you smoke down the bowl . I no longer hear Dylan on the DVD and I look at her like ... I've been smoking a pipe for 30 years and i never thought of that ... isnt she cool ! SO.. . . got a huge Kaywoodie billiard [Shape 39 for anyone who cares ] and first loaded CAO Cherry bomb then SWR aromatic then SWR .So I lit up and the SWR was first and it was a trip from there .Dont think I'd do this daily but I could see this being fun .Think of the combinations .Think how bad it could be ...lol ...and good too ! Just a thought I wanted to share . You guys can laugh if ya did this 20 years ago and I just came around . :)

2. Dondi

Dondi Active Member

you should add up your recipe to the forum's Parfait Recipe Book https://pipesmokersforum.com/forum/public/style_emoticons/default/naughty.gif

3. Mister Moo

Mister Moo Normal Cow Moderator

Oh Sweetie... it's ME! I really thought you knew.

4. Puff The Magic

Puff The Magic Active Member

Sounds like you have a very cool wife! Congratz! Some combos work very well but some don't. I'm still hooked on the PS LNF + LBF (LBF on the bottom). Just an enjoyable smoke. I load up a MM General or CCSS and go find a place to ride out a nice 2-3 hr long smoke. I can really tell when the LBF is on fire!

Really cool that your wife gets into your piping, that's great support.

:velho:
    Ed Puff!
    cogito ergo puff

5. ruffinogold

LOL moo ! Dear God , we have a parfait section here ...haha .... cool , I'm an idiot . Where the hell have I been :velho:

6. Puff The Magic

Well, more than likely, you've been spending more time with your wife........and that may work out in your favor. Anything that is "her idea" and you agree with is always "GOOD". "Hey honey, I'm trying another one of those parfaits like you suggested.......great idea sweetie", and they ride off into the sunset..........

:)
    Ed Puff!
    cogito ergo puff

7. t-bear

t-bear Active Member

I have a H-U-G-E old meer that holds a ton of baccy....well....*almost*! I can layer that thing with 5-6 different blends and put fire to it. It will last through an entire Super Bowl game! Commercials and ALL!!!
    I've been doing this for years, but hadn't said much....folks think I'm a bit "off" as it is. Good to know I'm not alone.

There's a "Parfait" section here?!? Where???

FOUND IT!

8. Whalehead King

Whalehead King Active Member

I've learned there are all sorts of things on PSF if you poke around. I stumbled into the chat room the other day and didn't realize it would be live. I was on the way out the door so I had to excuse myself, unfortunately. We get stuck in our routines and don't realize how much this forum has to offer.

9. Smokingmiami

Smokingmiami Member

I tried this out for the first time last Sat. with CAO ED and C&D Strawberry Cav. and it was phenomenal.

10. ruffinogold

This is a cool parfait to me .... in 3rds , bottom to top ..... SWR , cherry blend ,cherrybomb .... That was fun !

11. Puff The Magic

It truly is a nice experience when layered bowlfuls "work" well with eachother, absolutely awful when they don't! Makes ya feel like a crime was committed by somewhat wasting the toby but hey, ya never know unless ya try it!

:drinkin:
    Ed Puff!
    cogito ergo puff

12. Dondi

Dondi Active Member

Parfaits are the coolest thing about pipe smoking... allows you to tweak the flavor from bowl-to-bowl... can't do that with cigarettes or cigars, can ya?

13. ruffinogold

Nope , ya sure cant ...pipe smoking rules man ! I did a [ top to bottom ]cherry bomb to swr aromatic last night ...it was cool !

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.