Tobacco Shops in Downtown Vancouver?

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by ECross, Jan 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ECross

ECross Member

I won a couple of tickets to a Vancouver vs Dallas hockey game in February so I want to do some pipe/tobacco shopping in the big city while I am there, does anyone know any good spots to go in downtown Vancouver?

Thanks,

Elijah

2. JustinB

JustinB New Member

The most popular and my favorite is R.J. Clarke on Cambie, they have tons of goodies! Theres also City Cigar, which looks quite nice but I have never been there myself.

3. ECross

ECross Member

Thanks, I'll see if I can make it to both of those. And I made sure to get a hotel room with a balcony this time :D

4. xnowimcoolx

xnowimcoolx Member

I've been looking in Vancouver for other stores but those are the only 2 I can find. R.J. seems to be closed till Jan 25th so I bought my last batch from the States to compare prices.

5. Schmitz Bitz

Schmitz Bitz Member

I know this is an "older" thread, but figured I would toss in my 2cp

In addition to those mentioned above, I have had good success with Gassy Jacks Cigars (Water St., in Gastown), and if your out in the suburbs at all, the people at Habana Cubana (St. Johns, Port Moody), or Westwood Mixer and Smokes (Westwood and Lougheed, Port Coquitlam) have been good to me. Only downside is that all of the above mentioned are still subject to our ridiculous taxes.

6. xnowimcoolx

xnowimcoolx Member

Thanks for sharing those SB, I'm new to pipe smoking and kind of new to the Lower Mainland, there doesn't seem like much to choose from here. (probably thanks to the crazy taxes)

I went back to Clarke's after the 25th and bought 50g of his Premium #1, wow that stuff is good!! I think he blends it himself. Almost worth the extra taxes, ha ha!

7. Schmitz Bitz

Schmitz Bitz Member

If any of you Vancouver (or Lower Mainland, as it were) based smokers want to get together and try out some different blends, shoot me an email at AdamJ.Smith@shaw.ca - figure with the going price of OTC's being $20 a pop, and tins running up to $35, might be a good way for us newbs to sample some different blends without breaking the bank.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.