Tobacco tea

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by David Emond, Apr 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. David Emond

David Emond Active Member

Has there been any records of people trying tobacco leafs for making tea?

I'd kind of be interrested in knowing the results of a aroma tobacco used to make tea like a macb vanilla cream he he

2. Iain

Iain Active Member

sorringowl and David Emond like this.
  3. dwaugh

dwaugh Moderator Moderator

4. Old Codger

Old Codger Active Member

That thread was hilarious. Some gardeners refer to tobacco tea. It's just dottle and other tobacco scraps left in water, strained, and put in a hand sprayer. Cigarette butts or cigar ends work well for this purpose. Great for killing bugs and slugs on plants. Washes off in the next rain.

5. David Emond

David Emond Active Member

6. MacNutz

MacNutz Active Member

I use it in the garden regularly for aphids and slugs. Toss a couple of cigarettes and a crushed garlic glove into a couple of gallons of water and let it sit in the sun all day. Why garlic?? My grandad said it attracted the slugs and a couple of unloved leaf eater bugs. I dunno. I just do it. :) It works reasonably well and doesn't damage the plants. However with roses it is a good idea to wash it down the next morning and don't use it too often. Roses are sensitive things that don't belong in real gardens. :):):)

Old Codger likes this.
  7. Old Codger

Old Codger Active Member

I tried flat beer in the tobacco tea since someone said that that would attract the slugs. Didn't seem to make any difference.
    The straight tobacco tea does a marvelous job on aphids. Maybe the garlic is there just to make the tea more effective against vampire bugs.

8. Snake

Snake permanent ankle biter

dwaugh likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.