Tobacco to introduce me to Gawith Hoggarth?

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by Fbones24, Sep 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dwaugh

dwaugh Moderator Moderator

Is Erinmore considered a "Lakeland"? My experience with "Lakeland" blends is Condor, but I think that is very different than Erinmore.

2. JescoWhite

JescoWhite Member

I think you'll find that most people dedicate a pipe (or multiple) to Lakelands. The ghosting can be pretty strong. I only smoke Lakelands out of one pipe but I sometimes will smoke something else in the same pipe if I want to add a bit of lakeland essence to a non-lakeland tobacco.

Dondi likes this.
  3. cakeanddottle

cakeanddottle Member

every single GH pipe tobacco is infected with scenting, even the ones that aren't supposed to have any. You can't have tobacco anywhere near where they make things like Ennerdale and Kendal Flake and not have the tobacco absorb some of the perfume.

That said, I enjoy Balkan Mixture and Kendal Flake, a lot. Kendal has a huge amount of scenting, but it's sweet and floral and really nice for an occasional smoke. Not a fan of their other stuff. That Brown Flake/BB#2 scenting doesn't do it for me, and I don't get a particularly compelling tobacco beneath the hairspray with either. Their snuff is excellent though, especially their version of Kendal Brown.

4. SouthBound

SouthBound Active Member

You are hereby excommunicated.

buistd and Fbones24 like this.
  5. cakeanddottle

cakeanddottle Member

I will console myself with a bowl of BBF tonight :)

SouthBound and Fbones24 like this.
  6. upinsmoke

upinsmoke Member

I have 2 tobaccos fromG & H. Their Broken Scottish Cake is unusually mild. Great for when your mouth says "no more today," but you want a smoke. The Balkan is one of many Sobranie imitations which is better than most, but not nearly as good as the original.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.