Toby as a gift

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by Dutchking22, Feb 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dutchking22

Dutchking22 Member

Has anyone ever received Toby as a gift, only to findout that it was less the satisfactory? What was the brand/flavor, and why did you not like it?. On the same topic, have you received toby as a gift and where you suprised that you liked it? If so, what brand/flavor?

2. Snake

Snake permanent ankle biter

I received Capstan Original in
    flake form from a bloke in
    Denmark, and it was better
    than expected. Really delicious!

Last year's Secret Santa sent
    me several tins, but the only
    one I opened was the Petersons
    Holiday 2010, which is a nice
    little aro.

dp

3. BradNTX

BradNTX Well-Known Member

When I got my first pipe, my wife bought me Lane 1Q and Burley Light. I liked the Lane very much, but thought the Burley was a little tasteless. I was brand new to pipe smoking, so didn't know any better. I wonder if I would like Burley Light now? This thread has reminded me that I may need to give it another shot.

4. t-bear

t-bear Active Member

My loving mother-in-law is a non-smoker and a bit anti. Still she knows I'm not changing my ways. Knowing nothing about pipes/tobacco, she once bought me a Cavalier shaped pipe made of plastic with a metal bowl insert and four pouches of Paladin Black Cherry tobacco...all of which should be banned in the USA. I ooohed and awwwed over them, which pleased her to no end....she really has a good heart. The "pipe" sits in a place of honor in my glass-front pipe cabinet.

5. dmkerr

dmkerr PG- free since '83! Moderator

My kids bought me a 12 oz bag of some drugstore Captain Black lookalike for last Christmas. I smoked a bowl of it and because it came from them, I was determined to find a way to finish it (haven't yet!). Mixing in 30% (or so) of C&D's Kelly's Coin did the trick. It dried up a lot of the goop and upped the potency to the point where I now find it smokable, if not wonderful.

And nobody gots ta know I doctored it!!! :groucho:

6. colorduke

colorduke Active Member

A past girlfriend of mine bought me a tin of dunhill early morning once,i cracked it open and could not get past the smell of,still have the tobacco not the girlfriend.

7. Dutchking22

Dutchking22 Member

Good call!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.