Today I found Carter Hall

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beefcube

I've never seen Carter Hall in any B&M around here.
Today I took the time to look in CVS, RiteAid, Walgreens and Shoopers Food. Not a dang pouch anywhere, plenty of Capt and Riff and the Smokers Pride big bags.
Well I glanced my eyes at the State Police barracks and next to it... WHAAAAT ?
Big red letters TOBACCO STOP.
Got a small trial pouch and a mini MM hardwood 8$ total.
I smoked in the mini and in a cob. Was impressed and may go thru this pouch quick for the price. Yep ya'all done good letting me know about this CH stuff.

:puffy:

nesta

Yep it is a pretty tasty blend...I still personally prefer PA...but that may change....I'm really enjoying the pouch of Carter Hall I just got :)

ruffinogold

Mayor
I'm an SWR and Cherry blend guy . But the Carter Hall is so damn good ! I've smoked less Cherry Blend because of it . The PA Choice is kinda like Carter Hall ... at least enough for me to say that if someone liked CH .... they'd almost have to enjoy PA Choice also

IrishRover

I think it's about time I open a pouch. I've had this stuff bouncing around for ages. I've given more away (some smokers across the pond) than I have left. I don't know what I am waiting for anymore..

Ozark Nick

I think it's about time I open a pouch. I've had this stuff bouncing around for ages. I've given more away (some smokers across the pond) than I have left. I don't know what I am waiting for anymore..
Open it! Open it! :puffy:

And enjoy that stuff Beefcube, I'll try some new stuff every once in a very great while but I always come back to the simple pleasure of Carter Hall!

dmkerr

PG- free since '83!
Staff member
I've smoked CH but never in a cob. Not real fond of it in meerschaum, briar or clay, and I ended up trading it to Old Ted. Now that I have a cob, I may want to revisit it.

I've smoked CH but never in a cob. Not real fond of it in meerschaum, briar or clay, and I ended up trading it to Old Ted. Now that I have a cob, I may want to revisit it.
I smoke CH in both my cobs and briars and it smokes and tastes totally different in each pipe, PA I do not like in a briar and only smoke in a cob, it's weird.

dmkerr

PG- free since '83!
Staff member
I smoke CH in both my cobs and briars and it smokes and tastes totally different in each pipe, PA I do not like in a briar and only smoke in a cob, it's weird.
It's not really weird - that's why I mentioned it. Some tobaccos just seem made for certain types of pipe. Shoot, I smoke mostly meerschaum and there's one tobacco that not only doesn't smoke well for me in a meer, it only smokes well in one briar. One. Now THAT is weird! :D

DGErwin11

Staff member
80% of my smoking is cobs, 17% meers (I never take them to work, only smoke them at home) 3% briar. I only smoke CH, but it is almost like 3 different tobaccos depending on which style of pipe I smoke. I am happy enough with CH, I don't feel a need to try something I might or might not like. Sure I may be missing out on some very good tobaccos, but I don't exactly feel like I am depriving myself either. I was "old school" when "old school" wasn't cool.:old:

dmkerr

PG- free since '83!
Staff member
80% of my smoking is cobs, 17% meers (I never take them to work, only smoke them at home) 3% briar. I only smoke CH, but it is almost like 3 different tobaccos depending on which style of pipe I smoke. I am happy enough with CH, I don't feel a need to try something I might or might not like. Sure I may be missing out on some very good tobaccos, but I don't exactly feel like I am depriving myself either. I was "old school" when "old school" wasn't cool.:old:
I'm of the school that since I don't eat the same foods every day, I don't smoke the same tobaccos. I think I could, however, eat pizza every day if I didn't have to worry about turning into the Incredible Blimp.

I would really like to try CH and other classic American OTC's I can only get my hands on Captain Black, Borkum, and Sail :( Is CH cased in any way?

Status
Not open for further replies.