Todays 3 purchases...ever hear of these?

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by Mington, Feb 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mington

Mington Well-Known Member

Today I went for the 1st time to a local B&M a few miles from house that I just found out exists.
    Unfortunately as I walked in I noticed mostly cigars.
    I asked the owner if she had any pipe tobacco.
    She went on to say that she carried a huge amount for years, from blends in jars, to brand name tins, etc. but no one was buying pipe tobacco there, so she got rid of most of it.

She showed me 1 jar with about 6-8 1.5 ounce packages.
    There were 4 different kinds and all were going for a buck each, so I figured I would get one of each and if I liked any, I would go back and buy more. (I actually only got 3 of the 4. The 4th was a mint something or other, so I passed on that 1...for now)

Here is what I got. Ever hear of these or smoke them?
    I found 2 of the 3 in TR, but 1 I could not find a review on, but I found online where all 3 can be purchased:

1) Peter Stokkebye - Nougat Nougat PS-24

2) Consolidated-Altadis Z50 Black Cordial Z50 Black Cordial

3) Altadis J10 Ginger Snaps (I could not find this on TR) J10 Ginger SnapsAltadis Bulk

I will probably try all 3 today and tonight.

2. ArtisanArcher

ArtisanArcher Member

The Peter Stokkebye Nougat PS-24 was the bulk tobacco that they actually smoked in the Lord of the Rings movies. :) Never tried it before, but when I catch TAD it's going to be on the list.

Happy Smoking
    Arty

3. Mington

Thanks Arty. I am about to fire some up in my cob and will let you know. (Smells nice) ;)

4. Major

Major Member

Yeah I'd be interested to know how the Stokkebye smoked for you. For $1 I think you got a great deal like it or not.

5. chambers11283

chambers11283 Member

Man your lucky lol, i was all set to put an order of the Nougat in on my last TAD order but they were sold out, so let us know how it smokes. As for the black Cordial it is very good, i found it a while back at my local smoke shop and have had it on hand ever since.

6. Mington

Guys,
    The early return on this is very good. The overall rating on TR is a 3 and I would give it a 3 out of 4. Like I mentioned, it smells very nice out of the pouch. I am not a good reviewer and really never do but it is a mild aro with nice vanilla and chocolate flavors and a very nice room note.
    This could easily be an every day smoke. Someone mentioned that it was best smoked in a cob. I pulled out my cob before reading that and it is good in the cob. Good call I am sure. I definitely like it on 1st bowl and recommend it to anyone who was thinking about it or on their TAD list. This was a steal for a dollar.
    After dinner, I will probably fire up the Black Cordial.

7. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

PS Nougat has been a bulk fav for a good while . I'm a big fan of the Z50 Cordial , I get it at WVsmokeshop and it's reasonable in price . You cant get it to bite and the flavor is really nice . The ginger snap I have not heard of or tried . I'd bet you'll like the Z50 !

8. Mington

The Ginger Snaps was not that good. Weird spice flavor and lots of tongue bite. (I was slightly hesitant to buy that one for some reason)
    Well 2 of 3 good purchases. Not too bad. ;)

9. Jay

Jay Active Member

Sounds like the dog-pound of pipe tobacco. Hopefully it doesn't crap on your rug.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.