Todays Stogie 2013 - Watcha Puffin?

Discussion in 'Cigars' started by Mister Moo, Apr 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. D-Pap

D-Pap Member

View attachment 1710

2. SidZiff

SidZiff Member

Family has a house at New Smyrna in Sugarmill CC. It's still a couple of hours from you but close enough I think. Not 100% sure we'll make it but if I don't get a break by then someone is going to be in serious trouble.

3. Mount Mandolin

Mount Mandolin Active Member

Ha! No, I meant you could vouch that I really don't have that many cigars. But I have this one, and six months rest has done it a lot of good:

[​IMG]

Rewster66, Marker, psquared and 6 others like this.
  4. psquared

psquared DGErwin, my horse would like a word with you...

San Lotano Oval. A.J. knows his business. Recommended.

Edit to clarify...I smoked one while mowing pastures. Strange coincidence that my post followed MM's. :)

5. el guero

el guero Member

Cosechero maduro in the robusto size. These things blow me away and they are only $1.34 per stick! Am I going to buy another box of 50 when I smoke these up? You better believe it!

Marker and D-Pap like this.
  6. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

A.J. Fernandez overrun corona

Marker and D-Pap like this.
  7. user2453

user2453 Member

My lady friend stopped by the cigar shop today and I ended up with this

[​IMG]

Nice pick, and she doesn't smoke!

8. Mount Mandolin

This post makes me... nervous, or something. What do we need to talk about? Am I in trouble? :)

Alright, two cigars today. It had to be done. And this is a sad one. My last RASS in my humidor. It's a cryin' shame. These are so good I just couldn't keep my grubby paws off of them.

[​IMG]

Only had them for like eight months. Really pretty pitiful. Oh well, hopefully they'll keep Ramon Allones around as a marca. They really do make a unique cigar that fills a niche.

Marker, D-Pap and nesta like this.
  9. Marker

Marker Active Member

Had a nice google video chat with some friends last night.

2006 Bolivar BBF. A good BBF for me is hard to find. I prefer the BRC but this one shined. Great with the port cask Glenmorainge 12.
    2002 QdO Gran Corona. Sadly, not as good as the 2004 QdO corona. It was missing something. Not a bad cigar. I didn't weep real tears, but it wasn't an eye opener.

Mount Mandolin, D-Pap and psquared like this.
  10. CaKy

CaKy Member

Since I respect your uraniscus, I will have to procure a couple of these. Haven't tried em yet. I have a fav I've been burning for morning with coffee that has been rather affordable due to the fact that NOBODY I know has ever liked them. But, when nurtured and kept right, and smoked properly, they hit me squarely in the morning zone. Seems my source for my regulars has chosen to stop offering them...maybe because I've been sneaking in and stealing them at ridiculous pennies. So the hunt is on for replacement AM stogie.

11. Moose

Moose Active Member

CaKy, I had to look up uraniscus, I didn't know if I should be scared, intimidated or worried.:byg:

But after researching your word, all I can say is thanks. I have been a fan of quite a few of AB's offerings (except for the Black Market) and they all have a special time for when I smoke them. The regular MAXX is a darker maduro and a bit spicier than the Connecticut blend.

With your worldly knowledge of the cigars I have seen you post here, I hope you are not disappointed with them.

12. CaKy

CaKy Member

:xd:

Yeah I've had some MAXX and have a few in the boxes but never tried the connecticut version. I believe I had a regular AB connecticut once upon a time but not sure if it's similiar. I know the MAXX' are larger gauge format. And for me, the different formats make a huge difference. My regular morning fav is only good in a robusto or toro...the lonsdale, corona, churchill sizes are not even close. Funny how that works.

Wordly knowledge? I just get some of everything and play eenie meenie minee mo when I'm ready to burn. :cool:

13. Mount Mandolin

You're a lunatic.

Ok fine, the BRC is better (and more expensive), but dude. Good BBF is hard to find? :fpalm:

Still never had anything QdO. People who like them seem to really, really like them. Maybe I'll try one someday.

14. GlassSculptor

GlassSculptor Active Member

Jaime Garcia Robusto........horrible, just plain horrible.......don't buy these.

:ngty:

15. Mount Mandolin

Alright, no picture, but a Partagas Short after dinner tonight. Was going to be a Bolivar GM, but I exercised self control. This humidor seems to be humid enough to where all the cigars have a beautiful, oily sheen, but also humid enough to where they kinda need to be dry boxed or they'll have a tighter draw and burn a little hot. Bit of a dilemma here. I hear that more oil on the wrappers = better aging, so I wouldn't want to screw that up.

In any case, at least the thing is doing its job. The cigars are certainly not dried out. :)

Marker and SidZiff like this.
  16. CaKy

CaKy Member

That's using your head, right there.

GlassSculptor likes this.
  17. D-Pap

D-Pap Member

Ortega Serie D natural corona.

Marker likes this.
  18. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

Hot summer night? Time to go big and mild. Fonseca churchill (overrun, presumably the flagship DR Fonsecas, though)

Marker likes this.
  19. SidZiff

SidZiff Member

For this evening La Aurora

[​IMG]

As you can see it's a bit stormy looking out this evening. Since around noon the sky has been through various shades of grey to black and the thunder has rumbled all around but only a few drops of rain.
    That is until about 5 minutes after I took this picture. While I'm out taking my evening walk it decides to pour down the rain.
    Such is life. :doh:

psquared, Marker and Moose like this.
  20. Moose

Moose Active Member

But at least you were smoking a cigar! :thu:

SidZiff and GlassSculptor like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.