Todays Stogie - Watcha Puffin?

Discussion in 'Cigars' started by Mister Moo, Jul 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BigJ

BigJ Active Member

So how was the first 1/2?

2. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

Okay, I went to RaasRoyalty 2013 which was tonight, and I was out later than I expected...but I just lit up a Gurkha Vintage Shaggy torpedo :thu2:

[​IMG]

Cut it just a touch too far, but it's all good

Mount Mandolin likes this.
  3. WrightwoodJohn

WrightwoodJohn Well-Known Member

It wasn't bad, it just started off kind of lackluster, common in flavor. The second half smoothed out and was creamy & buttery, mild but nice body.
    And I should say the 1st third, not half :D

4. Thuber88

Thuber88 Active Member

Cant beat a Hemingway, any size, but for me , prefer the longer ones, when I can afford them

CaKy likes this.
  5. Mount Mandolin

Mount Mandolin Active Member

[​IMG]

Mag 46 from '09, again thanks to the kindness of a PSF'er. Water on the side, because I think having any kind of strong tasting drink with a cigar confuses the palate and alters the cigar's flavor. And since this is a good cigar, and a gift to boot, I wouldn't want to miss any this is the first time I've had a Mag 46, and I like it a lot.

Sitting on my porch in a t-shirt in February. It's been a very warm winter here, even warmer than usual. I hate it, but at least I can sit outside and smoke more.

psquared and BigJ like this.
  6. CaKy

CaKy Member

I am in agreement with that statement. More longer, more betta.

All the what's-for-dinner, bologna, breakfast, food threads flittin' about here...a Sunday afternoon of BBQ ribs & brisket brings me to this bit of epicurean pleasure. It may not qualify me as a bon vivant, but a blond Oreo and coffee with a Fuente maduro makes my toes wiggle.

[​IMG]

7. Spillproof

Spillproof Mostly Harmless Moderator

Fuente Don Carlos, coffee, and ball with the dog.

psquared, Mount Mandolin and CaKy like this.
  8. Thuber88

Thuber88 Active Member

Almost any Fuente is a good to great cigar, been at the top of my list since before the heydays of the 80's :D

Spillproof and CaKy like this.
  9. CaKy

CaKy Member

Agreed, Mr Thuber. Early on my cigar journey, I could not fully appreciate the few Fuente's I sampled but as my tastes progressed, they hit the sweet spot for me everytime. Maybe that was a CurlyHead I first tried...I don't remember but now maduro, sungrown or Cameroon...I like em all. Even better yet, his cigars can be found fairly reasonable (read that very reasonable if you compare what's going on in the cigar world today from Drew, Pete Johnson, etc with the "limited edition", hard-to-gets, etc). Solid cigars, consistent every time.

psquared and Spillproof like this.
  10. CaKy

CaKy Member

They outta come with a toothpick or something.

[​IMG]

psquared and Spillproof like this.
  11. Thuber88

Thuber88 Active Member

Grab a cob and stick it in there as is.
    Ive used a briar before

12. CaKy

CaKy Member

:) I've been meaning to try that since reading that here on PSF. Next time.

13. Johnny Dingo

Johnny Dingo Writer of wrongs

Last night, I got to try a La Aroma de Cuba Mi Amor. Had to wait until the wife and kid went to bed, as the resulting clouds of smoke would invariably result in palpable and vocal disapproval. Still worth it though.

14. Spillproof

Love those things. How's your introduction to cigars going JD? Any standouts so far? Anything you hated?

Johnny Dingo likes this.
  15. Johnny Dingo

Johnny Dingo Writer of wrongs

I haven't yet had one I've hated, but then I've only smoked 3 so far. That CAO Anniversary I had friday was really friggin good though. I wasn't expecting to like a light smoke like that.

I get paid in a couple of weeks, so a trip to the Indian reservation might be in order for a few sticks. Gotta find a cheap humidor at some point too.

psquared likes this.
  16. Spillproof

Now you understand the power of the Dark Side.
    CAO L'Anniversaire Cameroons were my absolutely favorite cigar for years, during my first go-round with cigars in the early 90's.
    I still love them, and keep a couple/few around at all times. CAO's get a lot of looks down the nose, but not from me ;-)

Marker and Russ have absolutely ruined me. Now I'll smoke an LFD Double Ligero!

For a cheap humidor, consider using a cooler with a good seal and some waterpads or gelblocks.
    That's the route I went given Marker's rec.

psquared, Russ and Johnny Dingo like this.
  17. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

Huh...I was under the impression they were pretty well received....has something changed in the past few years?

IDK....I don't care what people like.....I care what I like. Maybe someday I'll be people, but until then I just know what I enjoy. I love CAO Brazilia and Criollo especially....but Black, Gold, Italia, Mx2...heck, the only two of theirs I've tried and not loved were the America and the Traviata or whatever the new one is called that I see all the time in B&Ms but not online

Right now, smoking a Corojito before dinner.

Spillproof likes this.
  18. CaKy

CaKy Member

JD, I did not realize you are just now trying cigars. How abouts I send you a little care package of some to try? I'm stocked pretty well and enjoy sharing the good stuff. :) PM me an address & I'll send some along.

19. Russ

Russ Member

Yesterday and today....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

psquared, HazyDat620 and CaKy like this.
  20. CaKy

CaKy Member

:th1: Weekend special on those Bueso Projects...a full Andrew Jackson off a box. If I wasn't knee-deep in them from the initial specials last year, I'd be on them. Like them a lot and expect they'll be even better with a little age.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.