Todays Stogie - Watcha Puffin?

Discussion in 'Cigars' started by Mister Moo, Jul 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

I don't know most of those, but I can tell you, and without hesitation whatsoever, that the Casa Toraño and the La Flor Dominicana Double Ligero will both be incredible smokes. Those are two of my favorites, though I usually buy the toro for the Toraño and a chiselito or robusto for the LFD...either way, if you haven't happened to have one of those two before, they are amazing in my book....Casa is super mellow without the total lack of flavor you find in a lot of mild DR smokes, and the LFD is super strong, in a manner quite out of the ordinary for most DR sticks. Enjoy that haul....while I haven't had most of them, they all look pretty good!

Johnny Dingo likes this.

2. Texvet

Texvet Member

Padilla Signature 1932 - very nice flavor.

3. Moose

Moose Active Member

Had a Brickhouse robusto that I just ordered and received. I like these alot.

4. CaKy

CaKy Member

Ahh yes...I just started dropping some into the bags and actually forgot what I had put in except for a few. I purposely wanted you to try the Curivari, the Kristoff GC, the Oliva Special V and the Bueso for a good range then I just went from one end to the other so you'd get a taste and see what treated you best.

L to R...

Kristoff GC Signature Series torpedo (Brazillian wrapper)
    Curivari Reserva Limitada 1000 Seies robusto (Nic puro)
    La Flor Dominicano Air Bender toro
    Casa Torano robusto (coffee time)
    1844 ...I think this is the 50-Extra
    Ave Maria...I think that's the Holy Grail vitola
    Perdomo 10th Annv. Champagne robusto
    LFD Double Ligero lancero (eat something)
    Oliva Series "V" Special V figurado (Nic puro)
    Ramon Bueso's Genesis "The Project" robusto
    Don Pepin Garcia "Blue" torpedo
    EP Carillo Elencos Don Rubino (robusto)

Hope they treat you well, JD. As for me tonight...I'm stuck in this ol' Fuente rut but I did an Unnamed Reserve 2012 tonight. I guess I'll just dump out all my humis and just stock up on Fuente and the stuff he does for Newmans.

[​IMG]

5. Johnny Dingo

Johnny Dingo Writer of wrongs

Settled on the Curivara. With a Ballast Point Sculpin IPA on the side.

psquared and Spillproof like this.
  6. Johnny Dingo

Blood of fallen gods... this thing tastes great.

Mount Mandolin, CaKy and Albert like this.
  7. Johnny Dingo

Got the last 3/4 inch in a cob and it's still good.

8. Marker

Marker Active Member

Curivari are one of the better cigars out there that not many people know about. They have 3 labels and all of them are pretty stellar.

Johnny Dingo likes this.
  9. CaKy

CaKy Member

From the very first one I had...they have always satisfied. Glad you enjoyed it. And they're not a high priced cigar if you look around but like Marker said, they're not everywhere. First year they hit the scene, my local B&M owner ran into them down in Mexico at an event for retailers and supposedly only those places that signed on there at that event were on the list to stock them. I believe they have ranged out since then but they are still a smaller "boutique" maker. Another good one is George Rodriguez' stuff...Rodrigo Cigars. I wish I had dropped you one of his Habano Classicos in there...but another day.

Johnny Dingo likes this.
  10. Johnny Dingo

There is an old saying my family has. It's "When a ghost speaks to you, you will not understand its words, but you will know what it says." That's how I can sum up that smoke. I have no palate for any kind of smoke, but the fumes coming off the cigar I just had were familiar and known to me, but not expressible verbally. Does that make sense? probably not, but I really enjoyed that and will get more of them.

psquared, Mount Mandolin and gentimmy like this.
  11. CaKy

CaKy Member

LOL...makes perfect sense to me, JD. If you can't locate them, let me know. My local's got em and there's another B&M that does ship if you call him up in an area that I travel into regularly in Maryland. Some onlines have them listed but I'll have to get into my bookmarks if you can't find them.

On to the next one! May I suggest that Kristoff GC? Just leave that shagged foot on it and light it. He (Glen Case) claims it draws more of that Brazillian wrapper up into the filler to begin with. Sounds reasonable but I do know they are very good cigars too. Just make sure you ain't wearing a hundred dollar shirt when some of that shag drops off while lighting.

Spillproof likes this.
  12. Johnny Dingo

Hell with it, I got time. Sparking the Kristoff now.

13. gentimmy

gentimmy Active Member

Kristoff Maduro's are one of my favorite smokes

14. Johnny Dingo

3/4 inch into it and I can say, I was expecting this to kick me square in the teeth. It hasn't yet. But I have a feeling...

It's like you're locked in a room and there's a balsa wood crate in there with you. There's a rabid pit bull in that box, but it hasn't figured out it can tear through the box, yet. Right now it's just pawing around and snorting at the corners, growling.

Let's see where this goes.

psquared and gentimmy like this.
  15. Johnny Dingo

Gonna have a nice Sly Fox Pikeland Pils with this one to keeps me nice and sharp (he said, with a sarcastic laugh).

gentimmy likes this.
  16. Johnny Dingo

This thing has a bit of leather and dirt to it with just enough harsh in it to make my beer taste better. Heavy, but nice.

gentimmy likes this.
  17. Johnny Dingo

This stick ain't shy on the smoke-output, that's for sure. I'm gonna hear about this tomorrow. Gonna have to appease the old lady with some Chinese food and letting her watch Glee for a few hours. Good thing tomorrow's a brewing day.

18. Mount Mandolin

Mount Mandolin Active Member

Yes, Johnny. Your journey to the Dark Side will soon be complete. Join us...

[​IMG]

gentimmy and Johnny Dingo like this.
  19. Mount Mandolin

Mount Mandolin Active Member

AB Black Market, courtesy of Russ.

[​IMG]

Good smoke. Not a life changer or anything, but I would buy them at the right price. Not a super complex stick, but it makes a ton of smoke and is great for general chilling out. It gets better and better as it progresses too. I like it. Thanks as always Russ.

gentimmy likes this.
  20. Johnny Dingo

Would that I could like this post at least twice.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.