Todays Stogie - Watcha Puffin?

Discussion in 'Cigars' started by Mister Moo, Jul 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GlassSculptor

GlassSculptor Active Member

Finishing up a Pepin Garcia Cuban Classic Robusto.

2. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

Leonino's (by La Aurora) Corojito (short panetella/very slim corona 5x36) before dishes, dinner, and studying, and a late evening class tonight. Tasty little cigar, really, for almost no money at all.

3. Mount Mandolin

Mount Mandolin Active Member

[​IMG]

Punch (Honduras) London Club, a petite corona size cigar (5x40), and one of my very favorite old standbys. This is one of the cigars that got me into cigars in the first place. Just a really nice, tasty cigar, and in a size that I love. They're $45 a box, and worth every cent. All handmade, long filler too. And I swear, there's something about good Honduran tobacco; it sometimes reminds me of CCs the way no other country can. Has a similar "twang" to it. Different but similarly unique. I love these little things.

Oh, and three cheers for JR Cigars for fast delivery of a very high quality, well kept box. I'm smoking this thing right off the truck, no rest time, and it's not bad at all. These will be pure gold once they settle down and get that slight bitterness smoothed out.

Getting a box of handmade long filler cigars this good for $45 makes me kind of feel like I know a secret other people don't know. Either that or I'm crazy and these cigars are no good. :)

psquared likes this.
  4. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

Those ARE super good, but I think I might prefer the Hoyo Sabrosos! They used to both come in a killer oscuro wrapper, too....but the remaining natural and maduros are still great. They were the best deal in town when you could get them for under 30 bucks, but I still think they're a good buy :)

Edit: oh yeah, Principes "Masters" (5x38....I don't know if they even make another size, outside of the recent longfiller Principes La Aurora started making)

5. CaKy

CaKy Member

Nightcap Recap...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Mount Mandolin

Another one. DPG JJ robusto.

[​IMG]

This one has been asleep all winter, and it has at least tripled in deliciousness. Strangely enough, it kind of reminds me of a really good VaPer, in fact it specifically reminds me of St. James Flake, stewed dark fruit and all. Has that bready, toasty thing as well, and this is PepĂ­n, so of course there's no shortage of spice. Also, I haven't had a strong Nicaraguan cigar in awhile, so I'm a tad bit light headed as well. Not unpleasantly so, but it's noticeable. These age beautifully, so I'm going to try and hold onto the rest of them for awhile.

CaKy, gentimmy, Marker and 3 others like this.
  7. CaKy

CaKy Member

An after dinner cigar...[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Mount Mandolin, psquared and Marker like this.
  8. Mount Mandolin

Yessir:

[​IMG]

Spillproof and the blind cigar review thread, I am forever in your debt for making me aware of this world class cigar. Honduras has got it goin' on.

Love the dark stewed fruit flavors in these. Rather like plantaina or something. This cigar just never ceases to amaze me with the depth of flavor and smooth yet powerful profile that it has. If it has one weak point, it would be slight imperfections in construction, along with a very thin wrapper that tends to tear sometimes. Still, I will gladly deal with that to smoke a cigar this tasty. And to top it all off, the price is more than fair. Gotta love it.

9. GlassSculptor

GlassSculptor Active Member

10. Spillproof

Spillproof Mostly Harmless Moderator

Such pretty pictures. Makes my smoke stomach hungry.

A cigar at 9:30am? Why not!?
    CAO L'Anniversaire Cameroon.

11. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

Nothing. I've been smoking too many cigars lately, and my apartment is getting musty, and it's cold today anyway, so I'm going to be good and not smoke any cigars today.

(I'll probably smoke one of those corojitos later)

CaKy, Marker and Johnny Dingo like this.
  12. Marker

Marker Active Member

Dislike... :)

13. Johnny Dingo

Johnny Dingo Writer of wrongs

Heavily contemplating setting something on fire tonight after the rest of the hive goes dormant. Will advise further...

CaKy, GlassSculptor, Marker and 3 others like this.
  14. SidZiff

SidZiff Member

Speaking of the hive..... I went out to hang with the girls for a bit this afternoon. Time well spent.

[​IMG]

15. gentimmy

gentimmy Active Member

Mount Mandolin and psquared like this.
  16. Moose

Moose Active Member

Had a RP Edge Lite churchill this morning while "tending the farm" and an AB Black Market toro for the afternoon chores.

I think there was a pipe smoke in between there somewhere as well. It warmed up today, 35 degrees!

17. Mount Mandolin

At the B&M:

[​IMG]

Flor de Los Antillas by My Father Cigars. Apparently won cigar of the year 2012, and it is a damn fine smoke. Damn fine. It's a Nicaraguan puro too, but it's a nice departure for My Father because their stuff is usually quite full bodied, but this one is a nice medium. Sweet cedar, little bit of cream, and only the slightest hint of pepper. Really a fantastic cigar. Might have to snap up a box of these, because the price (~$6.50 per) is damn fine as well. Definitely go try one of these, you will not regret it.

18. SidZiff

SidZiff Member

I had one of those in my right hand and the MF Le Bijou in my left this afternoon. Decided to go to the left, I'll probably try this one after the next storm passes through and we get another nice day. that will likely be Sunday.

psquared, Marker and Mount Mandolin like this.
  19. Spillproof

Spillproof Mostly Harmless Moderator

I'm joining you Sid.
    No bees, but I do have a dog and a 1922.

20. SidZiff

SidZiff Member

It was tasty but I'm sure you already know that. We've got some of the nasty stuff moving in tonight and rain following that so I'll be without for a couple of days.

psquared, Spillproof and Marker like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.