Todays Stogie - Watcha Puffin?

Discussion in 'Cigars' started by Mister Moo, Jul 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GlassSculptor

GlassSculptor Active Member

Had an Asylum Toro last night. Started out a medium and ended in the full zone. Loaded with flavor and packed a nice punch in the second half. The slightly stronger Asylum 13 line is my favorite of the two as it's pretty bold right from the get go.

Watching the Daytona 500....Puffing on a Torano Virtuoso Encore. Another really nice cigar at a good price.

Spillproof likes this.

2. Russ

Russ Member

Yesterday...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Spillproof

Spillproof Mostly Harmless Moderator

Went to the dogpark and somehow ended up at a Cigar Palace.
    [​IMG]

Mount Mandolin, psquared and nesta like this.
  4. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

De Nobili Toscani Long...haven't had one of these in a while, it's excellent :D

5. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

The VSGs are something special, as are the Heritage Puro Sol.....I haven't had either in a long time....I'll probably spring for one of them sometime this spring or summer

6. Spillproof

It's my first of these. I'm finishing it up now.
    Yep, wow. Spendy but good golly it was tasty.

Aged Fuente tobacco wrapped in an Oliva/Ecuad/Sun Grown Wrapper.
    Win win!

psquared and nesta like this.
  7. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

Have you had the Heritage? They're 100% sun grown leaf. Different kind of flavor than the VSG, but in my opinion just as good. Really, really, really good. I like the corona gorda and the belicoso...smallish, but not at all short on rich, complex flavor.

A buddy of mine used to love the Ashton maduros. He gave me a robusto once...and it was pretty good, but honestly kind of boring. I'd revisit them sometime, but I won't go out of my way to seek them out. The VSG and HPS are so good I haven't seen much reason to expand my Ashton horizons beyond them. I ought to try the cabinet or whatever they're called, though, because those should be good

8. Mount Mandolin

Mount Mandolin Active Member

I think I like the VSG better than Heritage, but yeah, those are both great. I had a VSG a week or two ago, my first one in a long time. Love those things. And it's kinda cool to smoke a cigar that has the same name as you. :) By the way, I wouldn't break the bank to try the Cabinet, it's not at good as the VSG or Heritage. The holiest Ashton of them all is the ESG. That's a birthday cigar as far as price, but it's amaaazing.

Had a Short Story earlier. Gotta love the consistency of Fuente.

9. Mount Mandolin

Mount Mandolin Active Member

[​IMG]

Glad I got the recommendation from you guys about this cigar. I'm always very skeptical of budget handmades, but these are damn good for their price. You could dress it up in a fancy band and sell it for a lot more than they do currently, I think. Construction, burn, and draw are flawless. It's not the prettiest thing in the world, but then again, neither am I. :)

psquared, Marker and Spillproof like this.
  10. BigJ

BigJ Active Member

Tatuaje Fausto Rothschild. WOW! What a pepper bomb.

Mount Mandolin likes this.
  11. Marker

Marker Active Member

We told you Mount Mandolin... We told you :)

Mount Mandolin likes this.
  12. Spillproof

Doing laundry and dreaming of a pretty little Fuente.
    Overdue for a short-story and will correct that ASAP

SidZiff likes this.
  13. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

Got my order from P&C

So, after having too much disgusting fast food, I need some smoke to help me digest. So I lit up a Sanch Panza Extra Fuerte - Cordoba. It's been years since I had one of these. I JUST lit it, but it's already pretty yummy. However, despite all it's qualities, I still wish that it wasn't box pressed.

14. Moose

Moose Active Member

Nesta, the Natural Sancho Panza I had the other day was a box press, and I kind of liked it. I was apprehensive about it, as I have not had many, but found that the size (robusto)
    just seemed to fit. Can't wait to get the ones I ordered.

15. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

one thing I like about box pressed cigars is that, in my experience, they often seem to make the cigar feel like a narrower ring gauge than it is, making it possible to smoke a larger ring gauge more comfortably...SPs are all pressed, and while I prefer round cigars, I still like em just fine!

16. Spillproof

So I'm several months into my relapse with cigars.
    It's been a long strange trip.

In that time I've smoked just about stick I wanted to try (and then some), spent a ton of money, and had a great time learning about cigars and "developing my palate" (learning my arse from my elbow). Several PSF'ers, notably Marker and Russ, have heavily assisted my disastrous downfall. And I am happy to report that Marker introduced me to these right at the beginning, and dangit if they aren't about as good as anything in the world.

Thanks again Marker.
    [​IMG]
    As far as my taste and $value goes, I can't think of anything better than a V Belicoso.
    I'd like to smoke one every day.

17. Texvet

Texvet Member

Bobalu Texas Fresh Select in Toro.

I purchased a sampler of these before Christmas. They are hit and miss. Beautiful looking, nice barnyard sweet aged tobacco smell.. If I can get and keep them lit they are very tasty. I really want to like them, but tonight I was struggling again - the thing just went out. I started giving it a look over, and there was what looked and felt like a piece of coal that stopped it dead in it's tracks.

I purchased a bundle of their Brown Lable Sweet Tips - pretty much the same experience. I have them packed in a humidor by themselves. I will let them sit until the weather warms up to see if they get better.

Have a nice week,

Spillproof likes this.
  18. Texvet

Texvet Member

I think they have support groups for us taken by this disorder?

Those bad boys are on my need to smoke list. I may need to take out a home equity loan to support my habit.

One day at a time!!

(I don't mean to offend anyone by my off handed AA reference - I have 29 years of sobriety so I know it works : )

psquared and Spillproof like this.
  19. CaKy

CaKy Member

First of this vitola in the DC Maximus line...Double Belicoso. Picked up a couple of these in one of the largest open box shops on the east coast this past week after laying a few in long term from an online purchase recently. I don't know if I can keep my grubby paws off 'em for long though. Excellent in all categories...'cept the $.

[​IMG]

20. Labman

Labman Member

I decided to break in my new Gunslinger cigar punch in style, on a My Father Limited Edition 2010.

I was a little worried that the punch might be a little too small for the larger ring gauge of the My Father LE. But, the punch worked like a charm and the draw was absolutely perfect! The cigar was delicious and my Gunslinger cigar punch will now become my goto punch. :th1:

Mount Mandolin and psquared like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.