Todays Stogie - Watcha Puffin?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MakDragon

Wizard of PSF
Patron
Sometimes I feel like the "Cigar of the Year" and top 10, etc. have been...influenced...by the amount of advertisement done through CA. It's yet to be proven, but just an underlying suspicion I have.

CONSPIRACY!
Agreed. I enjoyed the cigar very much. Great draw, a few relights, great pre-smoke taste, but it's not like I havent had cigars that I have enjoyed more.

Marker

Sometimes I feel like the "Cigar of the Year" and top 10, etc. have been...influenced...by the amount of advertisement done through CA. It's yet to be proven, but just an underlying suspicion I have.

CONSPIRACY!
The ratings are subjective but not solely on taste. If it was, there is ZERO chance that Rocky Patel, Man O War (which I like but is not a top 25), and Gurkha would not be in a top 25. They might make some nice cigars but there are easily 20 cubans and 70 non cubans that taste better in 95 out of 100 people.

The ratings drive advertising and interest. You think that Rocky Patel would put an advertisement in CA if they rated their cigars under 80? Nope. So they have to include some of each company in their ratings. Otherwise the magazine and the CA editors lavish lifestyle would be dashed to pieces.

Is the AB Presnado a great cigar? I think so. Even their factory seconds of the presnado are great. Does it beat a PSP2, BRC, Padron, AF Anejo? Nope. Sorry Alec Bradley. I love your cigars but you don't compete in the overall market for #1.

GlassSculptor

A JM's Dominican Robusto Maduro.

Bought a box of these a few months ago and have smoked about 25 of them so far. Not the best tasting cigar I've had but they taste pretty good and all have burned really well. Decent, cheap and very consistent. They are pre-punched (mostly off centered) but it's no biggie. Worth a try for anyone looking for a good cheap smoke imho.

http://www.famous-smoke.com/jms+dominican+robusto+cigars/item+24790

Status
Not open for further replies.