Todays Stogie - Watcha Puffin?

Discussion in 'Cigars' started by Mister Moo, Jul 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. psquared

psquared DGErwin, my horse would like a word with you...

Last night a La Aroma de Cuba Mi Amor Belicoso. I had forgotten how much I enjoy these. It had 8 months in the humidor, need to get more.

MakD... the Undercrowns are a nice suprise. I have a couple resting. Smoked one fresh, not bad at all.

Marker likes this.

2. Marker

Marker Active Member

The LAdC mi amor needs a bit of time to settle down. Fresh they are just too much pepper. When they settle down they are so much more enjoyable.

psquared likes this.
  3. Jammer

Jammer Active Member

1/2 Toscano Classico after lunch.

4. GlassSculptor

GlassSculptor Active Member

A special treat for this Memorial Day weekend!!
    [​IMG]
    A Diplomatico....:)

MakDragon, Rewster66 and psquared like this.
  5. TTUSmoker

TTUSmoker Member

Joya de Nicaragua cabinetta serie churchill

6. Rewster66

Rewster66 Active Member

I can only speak for the Montecristo's and the Romeo & Julieta's, because they are the only ones that I have smoked on a regular basis, but I think they are really good little sticks myself.:)

7. LawMonkey

LawMonkey Member

You seem to've wandered out of my original thread, Rewster. :) On your advice, I picked up a tin of the Montecristo "Memories." Might give one a go tonight, depending on my mood.

8. Rewster66

Rewster66 Active Member

I am sorry!:( I guess that I am very old for my age.:old: I have "Part-timers".

Mount Mandolin likes this.
  9. Rewster66

Rewster66 Active Member

Had this beauty today while sitting on the porch on a nice overcast day.
    [​IMG]

A Graycliffe 1666, and I really really enjoyed it.:)

10. Marker

Marker Active Member

Just had the worst cuban in my life. A terrible Partagas short that would not stay lit to save its hide (and it didn't. I ground it under foot and spat in disgust). It didn't even taste that good. So I went with an Oliva V #4 that was much better. Sometimes the constrcution issues with cubans make them maddening.

psquared and Rewster66 like this.
  11. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

I puffed on a nice Excalibur Amatista while I walked to a restaurant before going to the movies today. It sure was nice....great deal. 2 bucks a stick on closeout at JR. Don't tell anyone, though, I may want more sometime :)

Rewster66 likes this.
  12. psquared

psquared DGErwin, my horse would like a word with you...

Thanks for the reminder. I'll pull one out for tomorrow. You been peeking in my humi?

Rewster66 likes this.
  13. LawMonkey

LawMonkey Member

CAO America Potomac. Here at the local cigar lounge, where I believe they put something in the air that keeps sticks from burning evenly. Still one of my faves, tho. The Americas, not the lounge. Though the lounge is nice too, when there are more guys here.

Rewster66 likes this.
  14. Mount Mandolin

Mount Mandolin Active Member

I had a Padron this Memorial Day as well, but a different one... I splurged and bought one of the Family Reserve cigars. Super steep price, but I swear, it was probably worth it. If any cigar can be worth $30, that was it.

Meh, I think Cubans just aren't half what they used to be. I've been fortunate enough to have some really gorgeous old Cubans, but honestly, even they weren't any better than some of Don Pepin Garcia's work, and really, the My Father Le Bijou is a flat out better cigar than any Cuban I've had, and if you took the band off and held it up next to a Cuban, I wouldn't be able to tell you the difference. The construction on the My Father line is immaculate and very Cuban-ish. The way they fold the filler, the immaculate rolling. It's what used to be good about Cubans. I swear, I don't think Havana can even hold a candle to what they doing in Nicaragua these days, but maybe that's a sacrilege, I don't know.

15. Mount Mandolin

Mount Mandolin Active Member

Oh, and today was a big cigar day for me. Got to try a few I've wanted to try for a long time. For one thing, a really nice gentleman at the lounge gifted me a 2010 Illusione Singulare (where's Gentimmy, he would be stoked to hear about that, I think). It was really a delightful cigar, and it was a generous gift, considering that I didn't have anything to give him in return, and that it's a relatively expensive, rare cigar that had two years of age on it. What a nice guy, and a nice cigar.

Then, I tried an Illusione Epernay, which is also fantastic, although not quite as nice as the Singulare in taste (but better in construction and appearance, IMO). Nice and complex. I'm currently finishing the day with an Undercrown, which is far, far better than I had hoped, and maybe, just maybe, might be as good as the Liga Privada. OK, well, maybe not, but it's a damn fine cigar. I need to get some of these to age, I think.

psquared, GlassSculptor and gentimmy like this.
  16. MakDragon

MakDragon Wizard of PSF

Been thinking of ordering some of these from CigarsInternational. THanks for helping me make the decision todo so!!!

Rewster66 likes this.
  17. Rewster66

Rewster66 Active Member

I don't think you will regret it. They are a very nice smooth flavored medium strength stick.;)

18. MakDragon

MakDragon Wizard of PSF

LaGloria Cubana Series N

Great cigar! Medium bodied. Got them in a killer deal from C.I.

10 cigars and a Herf-a-dor travel humidor for $36

19. gentimmy

gentimmy Active Member

Dude...JEALOUS. You've smoked like a king these past few days. The singulares are one of my favorite smokes, and as a regular production cigar, the Epernay is as well.

Still haven't tried an Undercrown...I will one of these days but I'm currently saving for a couple boxes of Tatuaje's "Little Monsters" series.

I'll probably have an LP #9 today to celebrate the first day of summer classes....nothing like waking up at 7 am every day of the summer...ugh:mad:

20. GlassSculptor

GlassSculptor Active Member

I've had a couple of the Undercrowns (a Robusto and a Corona Viva) and both were excellent. I will be buying the Corona Viva again for sure.

1/2 way through a Partagas 1845 Corona Extra.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.