Todays Stogie - Watcha Puffin?

Discussion in 'Cigars' started by Mister Moo, Jul 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jammer

Jammer Active Member

Halved Toscano Garibaldi.

2. gentimmy

gentimmy Active Member

GlassSculptor likes this.
  3. GlassSculptor

GlassSculptor Active Member

That is a great price! I paid that much for 5 corona gordas a few weeks ago. A very nice cigar!

:th1:

4. gentimmy

gentimmy Active Member

[​IMG]

while I watch Hatfields & McCoys

GlassSculptor, Rewster66 and BigJ like this.
  5. BigJ

BigJ Active Member

Just had my first opus X. Damn thats a fine cigar!

Rewster66 likes this.
  6. Mount Mandolin

Mount Mandolin Active Member

I feel like the Epernay would benefit enormously from a year of resting in a humidor. It would calm it down a bit, methinks. Not that it wasn't great, of course, I just think it would be even greater with even six months of age on it. But that goes without saying, I suppose. It's such a GORGEOUS cigar though. Really super fine leaf, rolled perfectly. And yeah, try the Undercrown. It could save you a ton of money at the price they have on them. They smoke (and taste) like a far more expensive cigar than what they are.

And I had my very first Tatuaje product of my life today: the Avion. I figured since gentimmy had posted pictures of them several times, they must be worth smoking, and sure enough, it was very tasty. Although it, too, could benefit from some resting time. Might take what few rough edges there are off of the spice profile on that sucker. Absolutely perfect construction though, and a really beautiful figurado.

7. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

Oh, you know...nothing special....just a little ol' Opus freaking X my brother gave me (along with some CAOs) for Christmas

8. gentimmy

gentimmy Active Member

Oh yes, time does both the epernay and the avion a great justice. The Epernay turns into a cup of coffee with lots of cream in it and the avion....is just awesome haha. I can't wait for the '12 release of the Avion.

5 years on an Opus makes it a WHOLE 'NOTHER stick, and will make you quite spoiled

Mount Mandolin likes this.
  9. LawMonkey

LawMonkey Member

Nursing one of these Montecristo "Memories" while watching the Yanks.

Rewster66 likes this.
  10. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

Yeah, but I gotta say...5 months was pretty good....probably not as good as 5 years, but I'm sure not griping!

11. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

They call them that because 20 seconds after you light them, that's all they are :old:

12. Mount Mandolin

Mount Mandolin Active Member

So I guess what I smoked was the 2011 release? It was a whole full box that I picked it out of, but then again this cigar store is pretty new, and it hasn't been discovered. By the way, holy crap man, if you're ever in Birmingham, you GOTTA come to this place. It. is. unreal. Easily, far and away the best cigar store I've ever seen or been to. You may have seen better because you've been into cigars longer than I have, but man, it's awesome. Beautiful store, and a really great selection. You can tell a real cigar smoker hand picked what they were going to sell.

And yeah, I could easily see that with the Epernay. That's kind of what the 2.5-year-old Singulare tasted like, although it had a bit of sweetness to it as well. It was very, well, singular. Lol.

Rewster66 likes this.
  13. LawMonkey

LawMonkey Member

I guess I'm doing something wrong, then--had about an hour and a half, counting a couple of relights towards the end--so maybe more like 1:10 or 1:15... :cool:

Rewster66 likes this.
  14. GlassSculptor

My last Tatuaje Petite Cazadores Reserva.....:(

15. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

A couple relights....with 20 minute periods between when it went out and got relit? Seriously, I can't imagine a little cigarillo like those (unless I'm thinking of something totally different) lasting much more than 20 minutes - on the generous side

16. LawMonkey

LawMonkey Member

Newp. I lit up somewhere around 9:50-10. I practiced piano for about half an hour, puffing away and feeling like Doctor Gregory House. I got up, plopped myself on the couch, and watched the Yanks and the Angels, still puffing away, until about 11 or a little after, when I had my first bit of trouble keeping it lit. Re-lit, puffed more, had it go out again, re-lit, puffed some more, decided it was time to stop around 11:20-25. So there was a good hour before the first time it went out. If I could just transfer this superpower to pipes I'd be a shoe-in for competitions. :D

Rewster66 likes this.
  17. Rewster66

Rewster66 Active Member

But how did you like it?:)

18. LawMonkey

LawMonkey Member

I'm reserving judgment for now, actually. It wasn't bad, but it had a certain... earthiness, maybe? that I wasn't sure about.

19. Rewster66

Rewster66 Active Member

They are by no means the best smoke to be had, but I think they are rather good for what they are.:)

20. GlassSculptor

[​IMG]
    Cedros Eminentes...... 5 5/8 x 46..........Nice!!

Mount Mandolin and Rewster66 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.