Todays Stogie - Watcha Puffin?

Discussion in 'Cigars' started by Mister Moo, Jul 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. psquared

psquared DGErwin, my horse would like a word with you...

Oliva Serie V 5x50 Double Robusto...ahhhhhhhhhhhh!

BigJ likes this.

2. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

You know, with the exception of buying one of the smaller ones at b&ms every once in a while, I've largely ignored Punch and Hoyo for a while. Comparatively speaking, their prices aren't bad...but they used to be so much better!! I used to buy boxes of Punch Elites in an oscuro wrapper (can't find it anymore) for 35 bucks....London Clubs and Hoyo Sabrosos used to both be under 30 dollars for boxes of 25....they were really amazing deals. Now the 5x40s are almost doubled in price and Elites are closer to 60 bucks than 40...

I recently became aware of Hoyo de Monterrey's Largo Elegante size which, if internet retailers are anything to go by, seems to have been discontinued. But it just became known to me that Punch makes the same size - a 7X36 panatela, in both their natural and maduro wrappers...JR has boxes of both in stock for under 60 bucks. Might be worth me checking them out...I like the brand and have had generally positive experiences with it, it's a shape with which I'd like to better acquaint myself, and they're actually LESS expensive than the Elites for what would probably be a longer smoke time.

But, no, even at that price I simply cannot afford to give it a try right now. I found these dry cured uggos and darn it if I am not crazy about them. And at well under a buck a stick even I can afford them, even now that I have to start being a lot more aware of what I'm spending on tobacco.

3. GlassSculptor

GlassSculptor Active Member

Tatuaje Petite Cazadores Reserva. I really like these little firecrackers :snork:

Try this: Eat some dried plums (prunes) beforehand. For those of us approaching the 1/2 century mark it can't hurt, right??.........:D

4. gentimmy

gentimmy Active Member

Oh trust me it is. 6x60 is huge in the Asias and is considered very "trendy"

5. gentimmy

gentimmy Active Member

I can't stand these "classic" brands. There are such better things out there, and honestly, I'm not a huge fan of anything from the Dominican

I LOVE Tats. Seriously, best brand imo.

Drew Estate, Tatuaje, Illusione, or a fuente is what I'm usually seen with in my mouth. (Insert that's what she said)

BigJ likes this.
  6. TheMadMan

TheMadMan Member

Montecristo white #2 beli., since i'm laying off the pipe tonight..

7. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

Yet another dry cured stick. Had an Avanti on the drive in to work, smoking a Parodi King on the back porch now that I'm home. Fixing to place an order for a full carton/sleeve/box/whatever of em from JR:banana:

8. BigJ

BigJ Active Member

Tatuaje white label while I BBQ dinner.

9. LawMonkey

LawMonkey Member

A Hoyo Excalibur cigarillo. Couldn't find the RyJ's anwhere, and I picked these out because they were twenty to a tin and therefore quite a narrow RG. So far so good; we'll see how the burn time goes.

10. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

I had my last Avanti this morning with some espresso. Just had a Parodi King with a mug of licorice/cinnamon tea while reading the Big Book. I think there's one more cigar in the lineup today, either a De Nobili long or a La Flor Dominicana Double Ligero maduro in a robusto shape

11. LawMonkey

LawMonkey Member

Partagas No. 4 in the holder, which is beginning to take on some color. Yay!

12. gentimmy

gentimmy Active Member

[​IMG]

Mag 46 and a glass of Eagle Rare by the pool

13. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

That stuff looks like pond water :)

Just fired up a La Flor Dominicana Double Ligero maduro in a robusto shape. This is one of my all time favorites, and as I'm not feeling well today I think I deserve a treat

14. gentimmy

gentimmy Active Member

yea, it get cloudy when my ice cube melts. great bottle though!

Eagle Rare 10 yr...highly recommended

15. BigJ

BigJ Active Member

My Father special that's been aged a few years. It's good to have a friend that shares. Good smoke that becomes great as you get through it.

16. Marker

Marker Active Member

Bolivar Gold Medal. Excellent cigar.

17. BigJ

BigJ Active Member

Finished the night with a Don Pepin blue label. I still might sneak in the pipe before bed (no not a sexual reference) :)

18. GlassSculptor

Sneaking in a quickie.....;)

[​IMG]
    another Petite Cazadores Reserva.

Had my first Liga #9 (Belicoso) last night and what a fine smoke it was. The price was a little steep (bought at B&M in NY....) but the outstanding flavor and construction really made up for the extra bucks spent on this hard to find gem.....:hbang:

Rewster66 and gentimmy like this.
  19. gentimmy

gentimmy Active Member

In preparation for my box of Little Monsters

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Rewster66 likes this.
  20. GlassSculptor

Gentimmy, Can you recommend a good place to order/pre-order a box of them?

An Ashton VSG Corona Gorda.

psquared and Rewster66 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.