Todays Stogie - Watcha Puffin?

Discussion in 'Cigars' started by Mister Moo, Jul 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GlassSculptor

GlassSculptor Active Member

An Omar Ortez Maduro short torpedo. Not bad at all and gotta like the $3.99 price tag at the local package store.

2. Bradabelko4

Bradabelko4 Member

Never heard of them. Price is nice but I tend to be a bit of a snob. The only bargain stick I smoke is the Inferno by Oliva. Good construction, with a nice toothy wrapper. Not usually a fan of house blends but this one is a must try if you like medium/full smokes.

Smoke what ya like!

3. Russ

Russ Member

4. GlassSculptor

Omar Ortez Maduro Short Torpedo-

pipesandcigars has them and they are actually more expensive online than the package store down the street . I guess the local store got a good deal on them because they occasionally sell them 3/$10.

I'm slowly turning into a cigar snob myself but I don't turn my nose up to this cigar.

Give 'em a try, you might be surprised.....or not...:)

5. Marker

Marker Active Member

I had 5 of those OOM torps. Used them walking the dogs. They were nothing beyond a cigar in my mouth but some days I am thankful for just that.

psquared, Russ and GlassSculptor like this.
  6. Marker

Marker Active Member

[​IMG]

Had this on Saturday. Almost 4 hour cigar. 6x60. Luckily I had the time to kill.

psquared, Spillproof and Russ like this.
  7. Russ

Russ Member

MoW Ruination

[​IMG]

gentimmy likes this.
  8. psquared

psquared DGErwin, my horse would like a word with you...

I know the stick...how's the book? Need to load the Kindle.

9. gentimmy

gentimmy Active Member

I simply can't smoke anything with a 60 ring gauge, doesn't feel right in my mouth (that's what she said). I gravitate more towards the smaller vitolas (38-46). I also feel like the flavor of the wrapper is diminished by the filler.

Love the Air Bender Chisel too.

Cigar snobs piss me off. Smoke what you like and like what you smoke, but don't knock on anyone for their budget or their taste. Is there anything under $10 in my humidor right now? very little. However, the Capoeira Profesora's are one of my favorite smokes and I paid just under $2 a stick for them a couple years back (haven't had one in a while). /rant

10. Mount Mandolin

Mount Mandolin Active Member

You should try the 888 sometime as well, and when they release the next batch of Singulare (their limited production cigar), snatch up a box. They're absolutely fantastic cigars. I love the Epernay as well; have a few Epernay's in the cooler waiting for the right occasion.

F**king great post. Agreed 100%. I actually do like a 50 ring though; I've often said my favorite size is just a good old Robusto, or if I have time, I love a Churchill. But I have some 6x60 smokes right now, and they're good, but I kinda can't wait to be rid of them. Too much filler and you don't get that wrapper flavor pop that I love so much. And yeah... they're just too damned big, seriously.

psquared and gentimmy like this.
  11. Mount Mandolin

Mount Mandolin Active Member

[​IMG]

Tempus Maduro. I'm just finishing it up, and it is one fantastic smoke. Better than the regular Tempus, IMO. Fantastic flavors that progress perfectly throughout the cigar. Perfect draw and everything, too. Smoking this one down to the nub. I've aged it pretty nicely, and it has really surpassed my expectations. And I have four more of them, too. :D

gentimmy likes this.
  12. gentimmy

gentimmy Active Member

Gotta ask. What happened to the writst?

13. GlassSculptor

I usually smoke 2 cigars a day during the week, more on the weekends. It would be very easy to smoke $600-1000.00 worth of cigars a month.......Insane for a working stiff like me.

Had an Onyx Reserve Belicoso #2 last night. Not bad but it was a little tight until I cut more of the head off.......(something you never want to hear her say) :beyes:

:D

gentimmy likes this.
  14. Marker

Marker Active Member

I don't hold the cigar in my mouth. I hold it between my middle and ring finger on whatever side the wind will blow the smoke away from my book. Not a huge fan of the 60 ring cigars but it has to be the right cigar. If you are smoking cigars for the wrapper you obviously don't smoke big ring cigars. Smoke lanceros and coronas. The reason I choose this was because I knew I had a ton of time to kill and frankly didn't want to smoke 4 coronas that cost $15 when I could smoke one $5 6x60 in the same time frame.

Spillproof likes this.
  15. Spillproof

Spillproof Mostly Harmless Moderator

Nice sentiment- I like it.
    I admit that my reintroduction to cigars has me equating each stick with a tin of pipe tobacco....

Marker likes this.
  16. Marker

Marker Active Member

If you do that you will never smoke cigars. Pipe tobacco is 10 times cheaper if you run it through a smoke time to price ratio. (just a guess)

Spillproof and psquared like this.
  17. psquared

psquared DGErwin, my horse would like a word with you...

My brain tells me this every time I stop at the B&M. I tell it to shut up and pay the man.

Marker and Spillproof like this.
  18. Spillproof

Spillproof Mostly Harmless Moderator

You are forgetting the all important "quality of time" exponent in that computation.
    Sometimes you finish a 3 hour bowl wishing it had been 1 REALLY good one.

Marker likes this.
  19. Marker

Marker Active Member

[​IMG]

Had this last night after a bit of a trying weekend.

Fantastic cigar if you like a little spicier CC.

gentimmy and Spillproof like this.
  20. GlassSculptor

I have a bunch of those. I smoke them while washing the car, raking leaves, etc..............:p:

;)

Marker and psquared like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.