Todays Stogie - Watcha Puffin?

Discussion in 'Cigars' started by Mister Moo, Jul 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SidZiff

SidZiff Member

Marker, is the top one a Tatuaje? I've been scanning the "Latest Purchase" thread over at Puff for about a week and those , Viaje and Liga Privada seem to be all the rage this year. Although I haven't seen many posts relating to the quality or lack thereof there seems to be some major hoarding going on. Any thoughts?

Marker likes this.

2. Marker

Marker Active Member

It is a Tat Wolfman (fullsized, not the mini although the mini is great also). Tat lives up to much of the hype, but not all. The special edition sticks I avoid unless I am gifted one and can try it first.

Liga... what can I say. They are all the rage but for the money not worth it. If you want to spend $10 on a cigar get an AF Anejo. If you want to blow $16 on a feral flying pig go ahead but it is not worth $16. Think about how many other cigars you can buy for that money or even 2 great ones. Johnathan Drew and I exchanged emails a bit and I respect his fervor for protecting cigar rights and what he does for all of us smoking cigars. I just can't buy into the hype of his cigars. The Liga line is really overpriced for me. Especially when I can get some secret mystery cigars for about half that and are more enjoyable.

Viaje, never had a good one. Small sample size (about 8 of them) but they don't smoke at the $10 pricepoint most of them fall in. Viaje is almost all hype and no substance. Liga actually has substance and are good cigars. Viaje, I don't hear hardly anyone saying how awesome they are. Most of Viaje is small batch or rare stuff that people buy just to resell later imo.

Mount Mandolin, SidZiff and psquared like this.
  3. psquared

psquared DGErwin, my horse would like a word with you...

^^ This.

Mount Mandolin and Marker like this.
  4. GlassSculptor

GlassSculptor Active Member

Where?

Marker likes this.
  5. psquared

psquared DGErwin, my horse would like a word with you...

Gotta watch for them, I seen them at Famous for +-$10, depending on vitola. Unfortunately no stock right now.
    If you want a treat start watching for the Xtra Viejo release coming up during the holiday season. I was able to score a couple last year for ~$10 each from my local B&M. They go FAST.

6. Mount Mandolin

Mount Mandolin Active Member

Great post. Liga are fantastic cigars, and they are most definitely worth $10, but not $16, I don't think. And the Anejo suggestion couldn't be more correct. Probably my favorite cigar that I'm aware of. They are perfect. Literally perfect. No rough edges, no nothing. Just incredible. They can be a bit difficult to find (luckily I have a B&M with a seemingly perpetual stock), but they are soooo worth the wait, and they are worth buying a box of. Even if you smoke one and hate it (in which case you should hand in your taste buds as they are past their expiration date), you can always sell the rest to someone with no difficulty at all.

You want a Tatuaje product that will really blow you away? Try the Avion. That thing is a beast, and I love it. Also, anything that says "Cojonu" on it is a good Tat, in my opinion. Also, the Tat Black. Tat is really hit-or-miss, but when it's a hit, it's a bullseye.

GlassSculptor, Marker and SidZiff like this.
  7. Albert

Albert Active Member

Just had a little Goviado Black Label Petit Corona thanks to a trade with Docb. Everything was right about this cigar! great depth of flavor, even burn, just freakin delicious!

8. gentimmy

gentimmy Active Member

Tat and Liga both remain on the top of my list

I still have 3 wolfmen left, one of each of the mini's, a drac, a few little boris and two faces.

I'd say even the special edition are well worth the hype, though regular brown/red labels are great too. The Black Petit Lancero is amazing as well.

If you're interested in finding some second hand, pm me and I'll give you a few forums to look at.

GlassSculptor likes this.
  9. mojo66

mojo66 Member

Holt's LHO Small Batch Corona.

10. SidZiff

SidZiff Member

Thanks for the offer but I've got to get the new humidor finished and figure out what I have room for before I go looking for anything new. I've got a sneaky suspicion that between what I have on hand and what I have on the way that I'm already out of space.

:whis:

PS - the humidor is almost complete, look for pics this weekend

Spillproof and Mount Mandolin like this.
  11. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

Had a Parodi King on the way to a film screening for a school organization. Enjoyed it quite well, as usual!

12. Albert

Albert Active Member

oliva serie o perfecto... every oliva i have confirms my love of this brand

GlassSculptor and gentimmy like this.
  13. gentimmy

gentimmy Active Member

Mount Mandolin and GlassSculptor like this.
  14. GlassSculptor

GlassSculptor Active Member

Thanks! For some reason I was thinking that they were in the 20-30 dollar range per stick. I'll keep an eye on that page and grab a couple when possible.

:th1:

psquared likes this.
  15. Steve IoM

Steve IoM Member

Got myself 25 Quinteros on duty free on my way back from Crete - they'll keep me going for a while!

Mount Mandolin, Marker and Spillproof like this.
  16. Marker

Marker Active Member

Never had a quintero although I do own one. Might give it a shot soon. They are some of the more reasonable ones. Try a QdO corona if you can get ahold of them. They are still under $7 from most vendors and exceptional.

17. gentimmy

gentimmy Active Member

[​IMG]

Quesada Tributo. It was alright. You can kind of see my dog retrieving in the background.

In light of recent political events, I decided to represent:
    [​IMG]

Marker and psquared like this.
  18. Albert

Albert Active Member

had a two hour drive yesterday so i smoked a man o war.. it surprised me how smoth and light of a smoke it was. i expected to be swerving into a ditch or something from the kick.. but cigar was awesome. it was just smooh tasty and well mamnered the whole time. the name is deceivong but the cigar was excellent

19. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

I just came in from a Carlos Torano 1916 Cameroon robusto. It was nice, but about halfway through the cap end of the stick started splitting too badly to keep smoking it. I hadn't really experienced this much before, but oh well, such is life, I suppose. Probably won't smoke much in the way of premium cigars again until warmer weather

Rewster66 and Marker like this.
  20. Mount Mandolin

Mount Mandolin Active Member

[​IMG]

Spill was right, these are good!

Rewster66, Russ, Spillproof and 4 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.