Todays Stogie - Watcha Puffin?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually what you were smoking is called a Short Story. The line of cigar is called the Hemingway series. "Gran Reserva" is on many AF Bands.
You know that's what I originally thought it was but it didn't measure up. The Short Story is supposed to 4.5 x 49 but this stick barely touched 4. Honestly it didn't measure straight up against any of the brand I could find info on. Is that common?

Russ

You know that's what I originally thought it was but it didn't measure up. The Short Story is supposed to 4.5 x 49 but this stick barely touched 4. Honestly it didn't measure straight up against any of the brand I could find info on. Is that common?
Depending on what web site you look at, some say 4.5x49 others say 4x49. But either way, they are great sticks lol. I have had some that were 4.5 and other at 4, I guess it all depends if the roller is Kosher or not.;)

Marker

Depending on what web site you look at, some say 4.5x49 others say 4x49. But either way, they are great sticks lol. I have had some that were 4.5 and other at 4, I guess it all depends if the roller is Kosher or not.;)
So does one leave the cap on and the other does not? I am confused. Does that add an extra half inch? My wife would like to know.

Mount Mandolin

La Sirena Sea Sprite.

Starts off as a serious pepper blast, but it is changing seemingly with every puff. Chocolate and wood notes definitely present. Sits pretty heavily on the palate. Nice, thick broadleaf wrapper, and a slim vitola, which makes for a nice pop. I really dig this one. Razor sharp burn, ash refuses to fall off even with gentle tapping.. Props to gentimmy, because I wouldn't have known to try this one had I not seen him post about it.

This one was only rested for about a week (just couldn't keep my hands off of it), so I'm curious to see how it will improve with more time to settle. It's already really good, so I'm expecting good things. Really nice crystally, oil-rich wrapper, which seems to indicate that it will age quite well.

La Sirena Sea Sprite.

Starts off as a serious pepper blast, but it is changing seemingly with every puff. Chocolate and wood notes definitely present. Sits pretty heavily on the palate. Nice, thick broadleaf wrapper, and a slim vitola, which makes for a nice pop. I really dig this one. Razor sharp burn, ash refuses to fall off even with gentle tapping.. Props to gentimmy, because I wouldn't have known to try this one had I not seen him post about it.

This one was only rested for about a week (just couldn't keep my hands off of it), so I'm curious to see how it will improve with more time to settle. It's already really good, so I'm expecting good things. Really nice crystally, oil-rich wrapper, which seems to indicate that it will age quite well.
That is the most epic band I've seen.

gentimmy

La Sirena Sea Sprite.

nice review! Friggin love those smokes

Mount Mandolin

gentimmy said:
nice review! Friggin love those smokes
Thanks! Yeah man, whenever these come up on CBid, I'll be bidding on them. The finish hangs around forever, semi-sweet chocolate and a bit of wood. Nubbed it till I burned my lips, and it never got acrid or harsh at all. I have four more of them as it is, and I'll be watching for them from now on. Terrific stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.