Todays Stogie - Watcha Puffin?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mount Mandolin

Another day, another DPG JJ.

Funny enough, I'm kinda getting worn out on these a little bit. So nice once you get past the prickly spice of the first third, but my palate has become a bit less fond of spice lately. I still like it, but Pepín uses it in massive quantities. I wish they still made the JJ Maduro, now that was a world class cigar. I would pay good money for some of those right now.

Albert

Another day, another DPG JJ.

Funny enough, I'm kinda getting worn out on these a little bit. So nice once you get past the prickly spice of the first third, but my palate has become a bit less fond of spice lately. I still like it, but Pepín uses it in massive quantities. I wish they still made the JJ Maduro, now that was a world class cigar. I would pay good money for some of those right now.
cant wait to spark mine up :byg:

Mount Mandolin

cant wait to spark mine up :byg:
Heh, don't let my negativity change your opinion of it. It's a great cigar. I've just smoked a bazillion of them lately, so I guess I've gotten jaded on them. Jaded is a terrible thing to be. And really, once the spice smooths out a little bit, it is a beautiful flavor profile. Pepín didn't get famous for no reason, after all. I bet you'll like it, and I bet you'll like the Ramon Allones a lot too.

Albert

Well a bazillion is way less than a gazillion, but after a bazillion I'd say your welcome to start forming an opinion on such matters. I have yet to not love a cigar... yeah I'm still in that phase and I hope it never ends. Thanks for all the stogies mon frere!

Russ

Heh, don't let my negativity change your opinion of it. It's a great cigar. I've just smoked a bazillion of them lately, so I guess I've gotten jaded on them. Jaded is a terrible thing to be. And really, once the spice smooths out a little bit, it is a beautiful flavor profile. Pepín didn't get famous for no reason, after all. I bet you'll like it, and I bet you'll like the Ramon Allones a lot too.
Put the rest away, and let them sit for 6 months, smoke one, let them sit again for another 6 months and smoke another. I guarantee you will like them again in 6 months, and LOVE them after a year.
How do I know this? I bought a DPB and smoked it FOTT and I was great, Marker sent me one that had a year on it, was AMAZING, I smoked one the other day with 6 months on it, and it was way better than FOTT.

Status
Not open for further replies.