Trying Something New....

Discussion in 'Blending' started by craig, Apr 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. craig

craig Active Member

Hey guys hope your all well..

so as some of you may know i have got into making my own blends from scratch and the two have gone really well im really pleased with them.

These i enjoy as they are just pure raw tobacco flavours without any added chemicals, flavour enhancers etc.

But i am a fan or aromatics from time to time, i dont smoke them regularly but i like to have an ounce or so laying about when i have my sweet toothed days, and it got me thinking why not make my own aromatics, then i hit a wall.....how do you do it.

I have tried a whiskey flavor tobacco and i actually enjoyed and i like fruity tobaccos but i dont like the flavours being too overwhelming where all i can taste is artificial flavourings as i dolike to taste the tobaccos as well.

So to add flavourings, what would e best to use, essential oils maybe for a fruity tobacco and maybe some actual whiskey for a alcohol infused treat?

Any help is greatly appreciated and thank you for your help in advance.

2. Brit abroad

Brit abroad Active Member

I should imagine that if you are going to add a flavouring it needs to be the real thing ie whiskey and rum or vanilla pods or real extract, also you won't want to add to the moisture content of your tobacco, so maybe take your fresh tobacco and weight it, then dry it weigh it again and add to the tobacco the lost weight with wharever liquid you want to flavour it with. I would advise caution with regards to Vanilla extract as it may be to powerful, so maybe the pods would be better, try the pods whole first as the seeds are so small and oily they may be to strong and smoking the seeds may not be to good, I have never done this myself but that is how I would go about it if I were to do it, good luck mate!

3. craig

craig Active Member

thanks brit i think i might give that a try, im trying to garner advice ill only give a it a couple of attempts if it dont work ill leave it to the experts.

Brit abroad likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.