Uhle's shop and blends-thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

JDev84

Yesterday i was in downtown milwaukee, and i wandered into Uhles on i forget what street. i decided to resupply, and looked around for peterson tins. not a whole lot, but they said they could order. i'd never been in, so, a little dissapointed that they did not have old dublin, and with some time to kill, i looked around. they had a little smoking lounge, and the help guy was really nice. i had about 30 bucks, so i got what they had. got some Erinmore, and two house blends. they even tossed in a free pouch of their Xmas blend. not for me, btw, too much humectant, reminds me of the not too well remembered days of "blenders gold". but their blend 44 is a great burley, like prince albert, but a bit different. almost chocolatey. Irish aromatic is fantastic for an Aro. i just wanted to post this to see if any of you had checked out this place and their tobaccos and see what you had to say on the matter. my thoughts were just a nice friendly shop, with decent tobacco. i cant wait to go there when i have some free time and read some old books and smoke and smoke.

Even though it's a 45 minute ride, I still think of Uhle's as "my" B&M. Like you said, not a whole lot in tinned tobacco, but quite a few pipes for sale, and a nice cigar selection. I think their own blends are wonderful!! Their Burley tobaccos are really hard to beat. Quality tobacco, hand blended in house. Many of the blends originally created by the founder of the store in the 30s and 40s.

Blend 300 has been my goto smoke for quite a while now. Along with the Irish Aromatic, I also enjoy House of Uhle and Old Shoe when the mood strikes for an aromatic blend, or when smoking around SWMBO.

Chances are that when Jeff (the owner) is around, he'll be the one helping you out with anything you need. Matter of fact, I bought a nice small bent brandy with a smooth natural finish he made last year.

Great people with a quality product, the way a tobacco shop should be!

Status
Not open for further replies.