• Unique, Original Reviews Only

Please do not post reviews from other websites. Reviews found posted on other sites will be deleted.

Vanilla Pipe Tobacco - Suggestions Please

Coda

It's the 2nd, and vanilla is nowhere in my palate when smoking said blend. I even smoked a bowl a bit ago to be sure ...Nope, I am not that lucky to taste vanilla in "the mixture".
What are you tasting?...

Pouch or tub? The tubs are different tasting for some reason.:msty:
I like it in the pouch the best. I've had it in bulk, and it has no floralness at all...just vanilla and anise. Almost like root beer...

FlySwatter

What are you tasting?...

I like it in the pouch the best. I've had it in bulk, and it has no floralness at all...just vanilla and anise. Almost like root beer...
Lavender. I occasionally can pick apart a bit of softer Burley the more I smoke it..But mostly a lavender perfumish type flavor.

I've gotten rootbeer a few times. Good stuff.
Now you are just being facetious hahahaha

Egeorge1

Best vanilla IMO in terms of being both a bit sweet, nice smelling, and still tasting quality tobacco is Dan Tobacco Sweet Vanilla Honeydew. It's the only vanilla I found compelled to buy in bulk...I don't want to run out of that stuff! Also unlike most aromatics, it gets better with age! I have some that is 10 years old that I absolutely love...better than fresh.

ruffinogold

Mayor
Best vanilla IMO in terms of being both a bit sweet, nice smelling, and still tasting quality tobacco is Dan Tobacco Sweet Vanilla Honeydew. It's the only vanilla I found compelled to buy in bulk...I don't want to run out of that stuff! Also unlike most aromatics, it gets better with age! I have some that is 10 years old that I absolutely love...better than fresh.
I like that blend ok .. I think they should have named it Honeydew Vanilla but that doesnt sounds as catchy . The Vanilla seems secondary to me in that blend

truculentfrogs

No, I'm serious. I've smelt rootbeer out of the pouch. I mentioned it a few times around here.
Yes it is there in fresh bulk, but it is fleeting and not unlike the foam that dissipates after pouring.
I have to wonder if the cited floral examples are from older pouches that were on the shelf awhile?
My latest experience with M-79 is in bulk and to my palate, that overt floralness of the past has been considerably stepped down.

Egeorge1

I like that blend ok .. I think they should have named it Honeydew Vanilla but that doesn't sounds as catchy . The Vanilla seems secondary to me in that blend
Interesting how tastes differ! To me It's a great virginia tobacco with a nice but not overwhelming amount of vanilla and just a touch of honey. I think that's part of why I like it aged even better as not only does the virginia improve but the vanilla dissipates a bit. I generally prefer lightly aromatic blends.

Tsal

Patron
Yes it is there in fresh bulk, but it is fleeting and not unlike the foam that dissipates after pouring.
I have to wonder if the cited floral examples are from older pouches that were on the shelf awhile?
My latest experience with M-79 is in bulk and to my palate, that overt floralness of the past has been considerably stepped down.
Bulk just tastes different, larger quantities and more air seems to tone down everything.
I don't think they changed the recipe, I think people have forgotten what it tastes like and are going off bad reviews.