virginia question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Josh

I've really been in love with Mac Baren Mixture lately. I think it is the sweetness of the virginias that I am liking. Wondering if you guys have advice as to what I should try next. I like the idea of a sweet tasting tobacco that still tastes like tobacco. OGS? FVF? BBF? MacB HH mature Virginia? MacB virginia #1? Any thoughts or comments would be appreciated! Thanks again guys.

dubhdarra

Mr. Josh said:
I like the idea of a sweet tasting tobacco that still tastes like tobacco. OGS? FVF? BBF? MacB HH mature Virginia?
the BBF i've smoked about a quarter pound of over the last 3 weeks seems to meet that qualification pretty dern well, i'd certainly recommend it.

Deckard

If you're looking for straight VA you'll have to get SG FVF and GLP Union Square. You might want to check out Rattray's Old Gowrie and Marlin Flake as well.

I have not had Mixture that is the Scottish Blend if I am not mistaken, however I do think if you like that you should try MacB's Club Blend.

Roll Cake is a little less sweet than Club Blend and a touch stronger, Stockton is the most natural Spun Cut they make and the sweeter Dark Twist are all tobaccos that may be what your looking for.

Sunday Picnic from C&D as well as GLP Union Square are always great choices. The list of Va's, VaBurley's Red Va's and VaPer's is actually very long, so I will now shut the hell up. OK one more thing and not to fill your tobacco cabinet immediately, the sweetest natural Va is the Red Va such as McC Aurora or 5100. Please don't miss out on trying H&H Anniversary Kake (mostly Red Va and some Perique) available at P&C and in TR it is listed under Pipesan Cigars.com. The reds are a little sweet for me but are enjoyed when the mood strikes. That was more than one thing, eh. I just started out wanting to mention Club Blend along with the great selections you have heard from the other guy's.

Falconeer

Hi,

I've been a big fan of sweet virginias for more years than I care to remember - though I don't have a sweet tooth generally, I've never found a honeyed virginia to cloy though I do feature other tobacco taste types in my rotation so that my taste buds don't lose a sweet viginia's savour.

My old favoutite B&H's Mellow virginia may not be available Stateside but if you ever come across it I'd recommend it, as with E.A. Carey's Bruno Mix - the best U.S. example I've come on recently is John Patton's (Tiltjlp's) Quadruple Virginia which Rich at 4Noggins stocks,

Gerry

jvande7

Rattrays Hal o' The Wynd (sweet red virginia)
Orlik Golden Sliced (VA with a tiny bit of burley, naturally sweet and delicious)

Mr. Josh

Wow! Lots of info. You guys are great as usual. So fun to fumble my way around the different tobaccos. Leaning more toward virginias than the latakia heavy stuff. Think I will just have to pick a tin and go from there. So many great suggestions!! Thanks!:D

noflex

+1 for OGS very sweet and no bite at all.
I got a few more for you to try
Mac Baren VA Flake
Mac Baren VA Blend
Mac Baren VA #1

Status
Not open for further replies.