• This forum is for DIY Repair, Maintenance & Restoration. It is for people seeking advice on maintaining their own pipes. It is not for showing off commercial work done by yourself or anyone else.

What a difference with Carnuba

Status
Not open for further replies.

User3940

I just finished cleaning up and salvaging a pretty beat up Kaywoodie bulldog. Then applied some rustification. This is the first time that I have used my new buffing setup on a pipe I did, and all I can say is....what a huge difference some White Diamond and Carnuba can make. Obviously the first pic is without polishing, and the second after. If anyone was thinking about buying a buffing wheel.......DO IT!

Take 15% off Cigar Gifts! Use Promo Code: GIFT15 at cart

TWolf

Beautiful work, as always. Looks like that marble might just about fit in that bowl. Not sure why you'd want it to. Just sayin'...

t-bear

The "general consensus" on the forums I belong to is that all pipes with that BOWL shape are considered a Rhodesian, and the ones with a diamond shank are considered a sub-genre called a Bulldog.
That said, it would be a Rhodesian.....a VERY NICE Rhodesian!

I know, I know....there are as many definitions of this shape as there are pipers. Just telling you the one that seems to hold predominance among the pipers I know. <grin>

martydrmr

Just curious, what kind of carnauba wax did you use and are there different kinds? Are there different carnaubas for cars and pipes? I've always wondered this. Great job on the pipe! :appl:

User3940

The "general consensus" on the forums I belong to is that all pipes with that BOWL shape are considered a Rhodesian, and the ones with a diamond shank are considered a sub-genre called a Bulldog.
That said, it would be a Rhodesian.....a VERY NICE Rhodesian!

I know, I know....there are as many definitions of this shape as there are pipers. Just telling you the one that seems to hold predominance among the pipers I know. <grin>
Funny that I know the difference between a Rhodesian and a Bulldog and still mislabeled it.

Status
Not open for further replies.