• Sales and advertising are not allowed in this section. This forum is for discussing pipe making only.

If a pipe or item is for sale, or potentially for sale, do not post it in this forum section.

What is this stuff--no description on the container.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I picked up some buffing wheels, Tripolli, White diamond, and this stuff at Northern tool and equipment last week. They had these polishing compounds for a few bucks each so I got the one with the blue lid. They also had one with a green lid and a few others, but no description of the contents except the obvious, no explanation of the grit, just different colored bottles. The people at the store couldn't even tell me the difference between the different bottles. What's the deal?

Well they are different for sure I used to have a chart explaining the different types of polishing compounds, try googling it, some are better on metals and some are better on woods and plastics

Spillproof

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
I believe the first one is your basic Blue plastics/metal polishing compound - for removing scratches (headlights, etc.). Never used it for pipe work before - not sure what it actually is or if you want it in/on your stemwork.

The second one looks OLD ;-)
Don't know what it is, but again, doesn'took pipey to me. It's not yellow, brown/red, or white !

(I'm real smart)

woody

Admin
Staff member
Admin
I believe the first one is your basic Blue plastics/metal polishing compound - for removing scratches (headlights, etc.). Never used it for pipe work before - not sure what it actually is or if you want it in/on your stemwork.

The second one looks OLD ;-)
Don't know what it is, but again, doesn'took pipey to me. It's not yellow, brown/red, or white !

(I'm real smart)
Looks brown to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.