What the hell is it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Demented

Set up this morning for the monthly ritual of cleaning the pipes, bristle, fluffy, regular pipe cleaners, stem polish, wax, clean soft towels and a glass of bourbon (for cleaning purposes).

30 days out of the month the cats could care less about pipe cleaners, they?re out all the time in a bowl on the table, soon as I start cleaning the pipes they become the only toy. And they can?t just take one or two and play with them, soon as one is out of the holder they?re after another, then trying to make off with a stem or the shank brush. Once I?ve finished and put the pipes up, they?ll have no interest until next month.

jvande7

I've got 3 cats and they like pipe cleaners too. Their interest with them seems to come and go. Cats are just like that. When they see you paying attention to something other than them, they're instantly curious.

I've left dirty pipe cleaners on my coffee table for a day or two and they go untouched. Then other times I set one down for just a moment and instantly one of the cats is running away with it.

Guitar strings are even MORE irresistable for them. If I break a string they will sit at my feet and bat at the thin strand of metal hanging from my guitar. And then as I try to remove it and put the new string on, they continue to mess with me and the strings.

Tennis balls too. Sometimes I'll grab 3 tennis balls and start juggling them... and the cats will just stare and wait. And as soon as I put them back in the crate from which they came, my smallest cat will immediately walk right over to the crate, and reach in (upto her armpit) and palm one like a basketball and pull it out. Then she slaps it around the house for a minute or two, and then instantly loses interest and walks away like she never noticed them in the 1st place.

But I can't stay mad at them. Curious little bastards. :puff:

Demented

jvande7 said:
Guitar strings are even MORE irresistible for them. If I break a string they will sit at my feet and bat at the thin strand of metal hanging from my guitar. And then as I try to remove it and put the new string on, they continue to mess with me and the strings.
Strings are not nearly as interesting to our 3 cats as the bow when I get my fiddle down. The banjo sends them running though. :D

jvande7

Silverado said:
In whatever equation a cat appears as a variable, the solution to said equation is always dog.
I'll have to snap some pics next time I'm up in Wisconsin at my dad's farm. They have a black lab, and a :poop:load of barn cats- and the lab will lay in the sun/grass with 4 or 5 cats all cuddled up next to her. It's pretty damn hilarious and dare I say it- cute.

i just got a churchwarden pipe and bought extra long pipe cleaners for it, well our cats like them better than the short ones, they are all snarled and bent cuz i forgot to put them up one night, now its like trying to push a piece of rope up a tree when i clean my long pipe. gotta love the felines.

Status
Not open for further replies.