whats the wierdest,strangest,silliest or just down right stupid thing you have used for a tamper?.

Status
Not open for further replies.

craig

Hey guys hope your well.

So as we know, those of us who arent thick skinned and brave enough to use our fingers, have to have something to press down our tobacco when smoking.
Normally we have the trusty tamper,pipe tool etc, but it always amazes,frustrates and annoys me that i always seem to mislay mine and im sure a lot of us have the same problem.
Which means we have to find a replacement for the trusty tamper, which can result in a whole manner of things being used. a couple of my memorable ones are:

a 7.62 bullet. (I know a few of you are probably thinking omg you idiot, but this bullet was inert so there was no risk of me blowing me face off, which come to think of it would of been trying to explain that one away in accident and emergency).

a five pence piece pressed down with my finger and flicked out with a little bit of twig.

an actual twig i hacked off a bush in my garden.

one of my mothers lipsticks (which was met with very strong repercussions).

a chap stick.

the bottom of my pipe lighter.

and the first time i tried pipe smoking i thought i would be clever and use my finger, which resulted in me recoiling back, losing my grip and dropping my pipe which ended up me juggling my pipe getting showered with hot embers, and making my t-shirt look like a sieve.

So thats a few of my silly strange wierd and slightly dangerous improvisations for a missing tamper, do any of you have any other additions.

If I use my finger, I just make sure I can no longer really see the red of the tobacco burning when I'm gonna tamp. :cool:
Works 100% of the time.

craig

ahh maybe thats my problem, well i suppose its anyones problem who decides to dip their fingers into a 700.c plus flaming wad of tobacco

IrishRover

i think its kinda fun in a way when you lose your tamper as its a little game what can be the perfect surrogate tamper for that given smoke :D
That's a nice positive attitude.. actually it doesn't bother me other than trying to find that darn tamper I lost.. I know it's in a jacket pocket somewhere.. :confused:

craig

That's a nice positive attitude.. actually it doesn't bother me other than trying to find that darn tamper I lost.. I know it's in a jacket pocket somewhere.. :confused:
Its actually my biggest problem when i wear certain pairs of jeans and my jacket i have at least 10 pockets, so it can take me round about half an hour to find my kit before i even start smoking :P

Jay

a pen cap as mentioned above, a screw, a nail, a pencil eraser, the handle to a small putty knife. All with varying degrees of effectiveness. Usually failing to some degree, nothing beats a proper tamper. Using fingers can cause a bit of discomfort and my fingers are too large or my bowls too small to get past halfway into the bowl.

Raffxr7

a live 7.62x54 round. random twigs I grab. A 9mm round pulled out of an extra magazine. Never used manure I found, though. I swear!
Smoking a pipe while out and about with the farm is always an adventure. :D

PS--The 7.62x54 caliber is what claimed my hand. For the firearms enthusiasts, I will explain how. Firing pin protrusion beyond safe range. safety engaged, thus retracting firing pin to a "safe" position. Loaded rifle received a bump, and my hand received a bullet. Worst gift ever! :P

Preacher1611

Nails, pieces of wood, finger, usually my finger or a tamper though. If I'm driving and I need to tamp while turning I'll stick my finger in there!

Status
Not open for further replies.